Sunrise

Totally agreed with Sam l think most Australian’s would’ve been astounded by the Queensland Premier’s decision/comments yesterday.

2 Likes

Matt could’ve been on the Newsfeed,has he been on the Newsfeed at all this week?

He was on from Monday to Thursday, the only day he didn’t appear was today I believe.

1 Like

I’ve spelt Sally’s surname incorrectly before on the forum and was picked up immediately for the mistake!:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Working 5 day weeks probably until he takes his break for his football commitments interstate.

2 Likes

Oh me too. I was just making a funny to the question.

1 Like

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/its-unacceptable-sam-armytage-slams-qld-premier-over-border-battles/news-story/3b212d719240ec4b397caf93b51e4562

2 Likes

All breakfast shows were well down in Thursday ratings compared to Wednesday.

Sunrise won leading Today by less than 40,000. Today was 30,000 ahead of News Breakfast.

Sunrise won in Sydney plus it best markets Adelaide an d Perth but finished third in Melbourne.

Today was well ahead of the competition in winning Brisbane while News Breakfast won Melbourne. Today had more viewers in Brisbane than both the commercial shows had in Melbourne.

5 Likes

Any of that her business? I don’t think so.

If ABC presenters can rant on Twitter and show bias, why can’t Sam. In this case its non political.

1 Like

Im sorry but these kind of situations are not just her business its the medias business. Sam has every right to make those claims because whether you like it or not a lot of people are agreeing with her…

Again, if you read the article the situation going on in QLD is just horrible but thats for another topic to discuss.

1 Like

Since Kochie’s Angels :yum:

1 Like

No an all female panel happens quite a lot… especially before the pandemic.

3 Likes

Sam has every right to say what she wants to say. These heartbreaking things resulting from border closures are terrible. However, they will be happening everywhere with closed borders.
Make no mistake, the only reason we’re hearing about the QLD ones now is because there is a State Election next month and the electorate is very much with the Premier on the border closures.
I can almost guarantee, as soon as the QLD election is over, the ‘border wars’ will move to WA, who have their election early next year.

2 Likes

There’s so much more to all these personal cases than the media presents. And yes compassion is needed.
What I don’t understand is why the relentless focus on Qld when other states are also refusing entry on a daily basis?

Another point against Sunrise.
Reporting on a poll by Herald Sun… I’m sure this is not biased whatsoever.

:roll_eyes: fuck they are pathetic.

3 Likes

It’s a newsworthy story. Should Sunrise have ignored the poll because it was conducted by the Herald Sun? Switch to ABC if you want bias and censorship.

I don’t think this is the time to be reporting on Polls really. We are in a Pandemic, regardless of the poll situation, it’s pushing an agenda.
As a person who is in the midst of all this, I don’t find this reporting helpful at all. There will be a time for the government to be taken to task. Right now my main concern is just making it to the end of the year. Its every easy for people in Sydney to shout about all this crap, but no one else in the country knows what it is like down here having to be in lockdown for this long. Its quite soul destroying. I look at these Sydney personalities with their opinions and I laugh because they are just so far from understanding it.

All these people out in restaurants, at friends houses, on yachts living lives. Yet they claim to understand what it’s like. My main highlight is the 1 hour of walking I can do a day and going to buy groceries. There is no real compassion there at all, it’s all about their ego and opinion.

If Sunrise really cared, they would be doing what they did the Boland era, helping communities, checking in on a Victorian - but no. It’s all about their opinions and debating about Victorias situation which they actually have NO clue on.
It screams arrogance from Sydney IMO.

If I was them, I would be doing things for local communities. Set up an initiative for checking in with a Victorian Family, Business etc each day, have a Skype chat with them.
Maybe even have cash bonuses to help communities rebuild? What happened this heart of the show?

Actually SHOW you care.

4 Likes

It’s the wording of the poll for me. I don’t believe that he would lose a state election held today.