Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Agreed.

On another note quite sad Michelle Tapper is leaving to join 60 Mins as a producer. She has been a great asset to Sunrise over the last few years.

6 Likes

Will Mike be back in the US for Sunrise next week? I would hope so.

Noooooo!!!

I had a feeling she was leaving given how infrequently she has been on the last few months. Iā€™m guessing her regular fill in Jillian Whiting will become the new Brisbane based reporter.

2 Likes

60 Minutes producer, thatā€™s a bit of a demotion really isnā€™t it?

Also considering this year, who would want to work there :wink:

1 Like

Thereā€™s only so many 2 or 3am starts a person can take before they want to go back to working half normal hours. You have to remember these people donā€™t work ordinary hours, so after a while it can take its toll.

3 Likes

Producers are usually higher up the chain than general news reporters.

6 Likes

Sunrise has had some big wins this week

1 Like

Did they win every day?

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure they won on Monday-Thursday, not sure about yesterday. In any case, I daresay that the Melbourne Cup Carnival helped Sevenā€™s ratings a fair bit! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And Mike Amor probably impressed viewers as well.

8 Likes

With Sylvia co-hosting with Lisa yesterday, I would be surprised if Sunrise won on Friday.

It would be funny to see someone like Nat or Eddy co-hosting with Sam, or Beretts co-hosting with Kochie on Sunrise.

1 Like

Sunrise won 4 days last week missing out on Thursday. The only ā€˜bigā€™ win was Tuesday.

5 Likes

Nat has co-hosted with Sam during the week once in 2015 IIRC, and a few times with Sam/Monique on Weekend Sunrise. IIRC, that is the only time Sunrise has had two females co-hosting. Two males wonā€™t happen.

Nat and Mel Doyle did the odd segment together and I think part of the show once when Kochie left early.

Yeah but never a full show if Kochie was away right?

1 Like

yeah they used to.

Mel and Nat hosted the day Michael Jackson died.

2 Likes

Wow, donā€™t remember that because I remember I was watching Today that morning. Was Simon on news?

[quote=ā€œSA_TV, post:1777, topic:69ā€]
yeah they used to.
[/quote] Mate, how far back?