Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday (12.09.16)- Friday (16.09.16):
With Sam and Beretts on holidays, Nat is co-hosting and Ryan Phelan is on sport (would have thought Simon Reeve would fill-in). Eddy is reading the news.

Sunrise won week 37 by 14,000 nationally and in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

2 Likes

Is that an average of 14000 or a cumulative total?

Always give the weekly average when reporting the breakfast numbers.

1 Like

I am enjoying Nat co-hosting with Kochie its how it should have been.

5 Likes

Four out of four for Sunrise this week so far.

4 Likes

Sally Bowrey reading weather report this morning, did she read weather yesterday?

Yes sally did read weather yesterday

1 Like

Sam and Beretts returned from holidays on Monday.

3 Likes

Sunrise won Week 38 by an average of 25,000. My calcs show Today is ahead 19 weeks to 12 (if you’re into counting such things :blush:)

4 Likes

Is it official that Today is the number 1 breakfast show for 2016 yet? Today did use that in the title for a press release of the W.L.A tour. BTW, did Sunrise win on Monday this week?

I’m pretty sure that’s official, if you exclude two Olympics weeks from the ratings year. A normal ratings year consists of 40 weeks with two weeks off at Easter and the other ten for Summer/Christmas/New Year, so this year it would be 38 if the Olympics are excluded.

Although personally, I think that Today should wait until they win 21 weeks (Olympics year or not) before the bragging about how Today is “Australia’s #1 breakfast show” in press releases starts.

1 Like

Not it isn’t official. The only way that OzTAM counts is by viewers ie the average number of viewers across the year. But if you want to count by weeks, Today has not won yet because Sunrise can still win more weeks even if Olympic weeks are removed.

Why? Becasue week 9 was a tie “officially” and I allocated a win to both programs for that. So the numbers are

1 tie
9 weekly wins to Sunrise excluding Olympics
18 wins to Today
with 10 weeks to go.

Today has won Monday and Tuesday.

3 Likes

Sunrise won week 37 and 38 comfortably with Nat in the hosting chair. Interesting that the day Sam returns, Today has a win…

1 Like

What are trying to say? Stop being so cryptic. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Great news !
Only watched the show recently because she was hosting.

2 Likes

Friday (23.09.16): Sunrise have updated their generic backdrop behind Sam and Kochie (not the live shot) to be all blue. Ryan Phelan is on sport.

Sam is live from the flood zone in Forbes tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Very good move, particularly with Today during OB. Nat will co-host with Eddy on the news.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Today will have a reporter doing live crosses to the Forbes floods tomorrow (Nine News Sydney have had Elise Baker doing live crosses over there this week) but yeah, it will be very interesting to see what the ratings are like for the breakfast shows next week.

2 Likes