Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Saturday (24.09.16): With Pete in the U.S right up until Thursday, Deb is hosting solo with Clint Stanaway is presenting sport from Melbourne (what he should do every weekend, but anyway).
Sunday (25.06.16): Clint Stanaway is co-hosting with Deb.

1 Like

Nice little F-bomb by Mikey Robbins just then. Last we see of him lol

1 Like

Do you just keep repeating that he should do sport every weekend until someone agrees?

It’s not necessary unless Pete is away, as having someone in Melbourne is too disjointed when Pete can easily read sports news.

As you can probably see, I just copied and past last weekend’s post that I posted and pasted it in this weekend as the information is the same. That is why it is said twice.[quote=“lepatron, post:748, topic:101”]
It’s not necessary unless Pete is away, as having someone in Melbourne is too disjointed when Pete can easily read sorts news.
[/quote] Honestly, two or three people could do an entire breakfast show, but it doesn’t work. Yes, having a sports presenter isn’t necessary but it would be better, especially when both Weekend Sunrise and Weekend Today have/had 5 presenters.

If they were going to have a sports presenter, they’d have someone in Sydney.

1 Like

While Sunrise have Sam Armytage and Sam Mac in the flood affected regions, Today have their Sydney Reporter Lara Vella in Forbes with Chris Urquhart returning to cover the rest of NSW news this week. But is that adequate? Sunrise are calling it a “Flood Emergency” and that it is expected to intensify throughout the week. When Today was live in QLD during the 2011 Floods and in VIC for the bushfires ( I know these floods aren’t as bad ATM), you would expect equal coverage for your number 1 rating city.

1 Like

Today won week 39 by 11,00 nationally and along the east coast.

2 Likes

Forbes isn’t particularly close to Sydney though, try about 380kms West with a population around 7,500 according to the 2011 census.

As I’m sure we should all know by now, the Sydney/NSW media don’t make as big of a deal of weather events as their Melbourne/Victoria and Brisbane/Queensland counterparts for whatever reason. The Sydney stations generally don’t go to rolling news coverage of a major weather event (I mean, they didn’t for the April 2015 “Superstorm” and that was something which IMO actually warranted rolling coverage) unless something really big were to happen.

As I’ve said before the floods themselves have certainly been at/near the top of the Sydney news bulletins in recent days, with what I would say is adequate coverage for a Sydney audience. One would really like to hope that there has been considerably more extensive coverage in the NSW Central West regional media, such as the local news bulletins that air on Prime7 and WIN over there.

If Today get punished in the ratings this week I think it will have more to do with yet another “We Love Australia” week of OBs rather than a lack of Forbes floods coverage.

3 Likes

It is seems that this segment is on Today would rather forget with now Shane Warne possibly seeking legal action over comments said during last Sunday’s segment.

1 Like

About time somebody called out these so-called news shows for their shonky journalism.

And one would imagine that if Shane Warne sues (yet another for Nine, as if they’re not in enough legal trouble already with recent lawsuits by Seven/WIN and the fallout from 60 Minutes debacle, etc), it could possibly also have serious implications for Nine when it comes to signing a new broadcast rights deal with Cricket Australia…

Nine Network/TCN Channel Nine are involved in about ten court cases, according to the NSW courts list. Most of the cases are for defamation.

4 Likes

Mikey Robbins has never been particularly funny. Tries to get cheap laughs by being a smartarse. Maybe it’s backfired this time.

The red and white ‘breaking news’ strip used in Today’s news scrolls the wrong way. We read text from left to right and so it should scroll the other way.

Wednesday (28.09.16): Deborah Knight is reading the news this morning as Sylvia is co-hosting Today with Karl and Lisa in Bondi.

2 Likes

TODAY will be live into QLD on Sunday (daylight savings begins that morning) from 6am- 9am due to the NRL Finals.

1 Like

I think it should be live into Qld, SA and NT all year round.

1 Like

Today will be broadcast live from Whitten Oval at Footscray in Melbourne’s west tomorrow (Thursday).

2 Likes

and what will they put for the extra 30 to 90 minutes when daylight saving comes in affect?

The Test Pattern. It might rate higher. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like