Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

They look a lot better than the marble IMO

4 Likes

Andrew O’Keefe hosting with Sam on Monday & Tuesday, Kochie returns on Wednesday.

2 Likes

Sam’s 40th birthday this Sunday but celebrations started this morning because she was heading off on holidays, she returns in a few weeks.

4 Likes

Thursday (01.09.16)-Friday (02.09.16): Obviously, Nat is co-hosting with Kochie with Eddy on news and entertainment.

3 Likes

Monday (05.09.16),Wednesday (07.09.16)- Thursday (08.09.16): Nat is co-hosting with Kochie with Eddy reading the news.
Tuesday (06.09.16): Nat is co-hosting with Kochie. Eddy is on the news and Ryan Phelan is on sport as Beretts is off sick.
Friday (09.09.16): Nat is co-hosting with Kochie. Eddy is on the news and Ryan Phelan is on sport as Beretts is off this morning.

[quote=“spw68, post:679, topic:101”]
Competition is a good thing.
[/quote] Absolutely and that is what has made the ratings interesting this year.

2 Likes

Which breaky show won last week? I think Sunrise won Monday and Friday, Today won Tuesday and Wednesday, by similar margins …don’t know who won Thurs or overall?

1 Like

Both shows brought impressive numbers this week considering that it was never Sam and Kochie vs Karl and Lisa ( Kochie away Monday and Tuesday, Karl away Tuesday and Wednesday, and Sam away from Thursday).

So the days they each won one of their regular hosts was away?

1 Like

Win to Sunrise yesterday morning by a margin over 30,000. Also won on Monday by 20,000.

2 Likes

With the demise of Saturday Disney, it looks like some of you will get what you want. 6am (or even 5.30am) Weekend Sunrise :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Seven actually do start Weekend Sunrise earlier, even if only on Saturdays. It’s got to be better than cheap imported repeats between 5.30am/6am and 7am, surely?

2 Likes

Andrew O’Keefe’s new Saturday opener:

4 Likes

I cannot believe the demise of Saturday Disney, living in a Prime7 area we stopped seeing it last year, but to know its gone for good it comes as a shock

1 Like

Surely not!
Or…Perhaps 6-9am WS, then live TMS from 9am? Overkill?
Could be branded The Saturday (Sunday) Morning Show. But who would host?

1 Like

Hope it’s not an extended edition of The Morning Show

Am I the only one who believes Sunrise needs to go back to its root of the show in order to once again be a dominant force once again at breakfast? Back to the family type format, where viewers are included in the conversation (reading emails, ROS Wall) and less fluffy crap and more about the issues that matter. Instead, evolving that old format which inclusions such as an Orange Room for Eddy to do trending stories.

8 Likes

Yes, I think Sunrise does need to return to that format and being more family friendly but with both Pell and Armytage that isn’t going to happen. Plus, as we have mentioned before, Today, Sunrise and Weekend Today’s formats and contents are rubbish. Even if Sunrise ran a similar format to what Weekend Sunrise did earlier this year, then they would be enough for now.

1 Like

Great use of the studio space. It isn’t difficult to get creative.

4 Likes

Nat said he is on holidays.

1 Like

Don’t like the intro music on Weekend Sunrise at all. It’s not newsy nor catchy in any way, just meh.