Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“Troiboi, post:60, topic:69”]
…The voiceover ‘you’re with Sunrise etc’ was also featured at 7am directly after the top stories.
[/quote] That V/O will only be used when Eddy and Beretts are hosting because Seven only have their full names on record so they shorten the opener to suit Edwina Bartholomew and Mark Beretta.

Speaking of which Eddy and Beretts are co-hosting Weekend Sunrise on the back of Sunrise as well as Simon still doing sport. Monika Radulovic is presenting the weather.

1 Like

Hamish just had to apologise for an incident with Monica in the 9am weather cross.

Probably Hamish McLaughlan hugging Monika?

Who is Monika?

Monika Radulovic: Miss Universe Australia scores TV job as weather reporter for Weekend Sunrise

I can’t believe 7 keep using nobody’s to present the weather.
The last couple of weeks some have been so bad .
Do they test these so called presenters before they offer them a job ,some how I doubt it

3 Likes

It was a hug. No big deal. No one was offended.
Those pictures make it look bad but listen to the audio to get the real story of what was going on.

1 Like

@WATV Totally agree with you after reading some of the odd choices they have made over past month.
In my opinion they should have used actual news reporters from Seven who are up-coming talent to build there public profile.

BTW Just read James Tobin is overseas with the late Princess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer the media is speculating the couple might be dating.

1 Like

Later, there was an apology if it had offended anyone but both said it “was all in good fun” as they have worked together before and that is just what if is like off camera as well! :kissing:

Monika said she didn’t think twice about it but they thought they needed to address Facebook and Twitter comments. Ironically the weather segment in question was followed by a discussion of the Chris Gayle controversy.

An apology was in order, not for the hugging but for the job Monica did presenting the weather.

5 Likes

Thanks @TV.Cynic - missed that article.

I have to agree with @WATV - why aren’t they using talent from the network like they have previously?

Andrew Morley was great throughout the week (but he finished yesterday).

Will Monika present throughout the week? Eddy returns to weather on 18 January.

1 Like

Perth have Matt Tinney in for Sunrise Perth news this morning to cover the WA fires.

1 Like

‘Thank you Andrew’ were the first words out of her mouth when they first crossed to her :flushed:

1 Like

Heard about this on the radio today.

A bit silly of Hamish, especially after all that went down with Christ Gayle on the BBL

As expected, the media are going to town with this

Channel 7’s Hamish McLachlan criticised for embracing colleague Monika Radulovic

A promo is currently running that addresses that Kochie is returning on Monday. Because Maddern told me on Twitter that she is reading the news.

1 Like

With conditions deteriorating and further emergencies unfolding I think it now almost warrants Sunrise sending someone to WA for coverage.

Police have also confirmed that human remains have now been found. This probably the country’s deadliest bushfire season since Black Saturday in 2009.

The EPG on my tv has Sunrise listed from 6-10am on Monday 18 Jan. Is this to do with the start of the Australian Open? IIRC last year here in Qld we had daily highlights of the Open from when Sunrise finished (about 9.15) until live coverage at 10 AEST. There was no Morning Show.

Some people have way too much time on their hands. I mean, really? What a joke! :roll_eyes:

You make some good points, however with TV:

1. WA is a low TV market

2. Because of Perth’s proximity to the east coast, it’d cost a bit for too many journos/Sunrise-specific team to travel and stay there. Seven have Matthew Snelson there, similar to when Cath Turner travelled down to the Great Ocean Rd fires over Christmas.

3. People does in South Australia fires late last year & also during the Blue Mountains fires in Sydney during late 2013. Most summers since Black Saturday (2009) have had one or two deaths due to bush fires.

4. Seven Perth is probably covering it in more detail?