Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

@spw68 Andrew works on Melbourne Weekender.

1 Like

Also with the Melbourne promo, they have a statement below it, making it clear (to rival The Today Show & Ch. 9), that it’s:

“MELBOURNE’S #1”.

Which I guess isn’t lying, tends to dominate there (at least last year). As well as South Australia & WA. QLD seems to have tied. Sydney clearly loses to Today.

Today definitely wins in Sydney, hence why Nine uses “Sydney’s #1 Breakfast” on the promos that air for Today here. If Sunrise was the market leader, Today would probably be promoted as “Sydney’s Best Breakfast” like how Today has been promoted as “Australia’s Best Breakfast” nationally, etc.

Its funny how things change. A few years ago, Today use to always win Melbourne and Sunrise usually took out Sydney.

2 Likes

Who?

Mark Beretta was a water ski champion and mentioned he was a former engineer and Andrew O’Keefe is the comedian and ex-lawyer.

1 Like

I tell ya what, after watching this morning I think he is quite good. There have been some awful fill-ins recently (aside from regular fill ins such as James and Nuala) but Andrew actually impressed me.

3 Likes

Oh right. I was trying to work out which one Eddy was :joy:

I have a feeling Sam will be hosting live from the Golden Globes on Monday.

1 Like

Do they really need to send her over for that?

Sam is already in California for her own holiday. They may ask her - depends on if she wants to cut into her holiday and when she is due back anyway.

Would be really surprised if she turned it down if asked to cover it.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:44, topic:69, full:true”]
Today definitely wins in Sydney, hence why Nine uses “Sydney’s #1 Breakfast” on the promos that air for Today here. If Sunrise was the market leader, Today would probably be promoted as “Sydney’s Best Breakfast” like how Today has been promoted as “Australia’s Best Breakfast” nationally, etc.
[/quote] So does Sunrise win in Perth, Melbourne and Adelaide? I think at one stage Today and Sunrise were tied in QLD. I remember when Lisa joined Today in 2007 that was when Today started to win in Melbourne and I think was the first city to turn from Sunrise. When did things start to change? In 2011, Today started to do " Thank you Sydney" promos, so around then they must have switched.[quote=“mattrobts, post:34, topic:69, full:true”]
Edwina Bartholomew & Mark Beretta are hosting this week with Rebecca Maddern presenting news, Simon Reeve presenting sport and Andrew Morley on weather.
[/quote] Both Eddy and Beretts are really good IMO and I don’t know why Mark isn’t used more as a fill-in for Kochie. Andrew Morley is surprisingly pretty good, well, he could always act it. A few weather stumbles on Monday but has improved throughout the week.

1 Like

Sunrise playing with camera angles and voiceover returning from break this morning. No headlines at 7am either.

1 Like

Yes.

Essentially (going with last years average ratings):

Sunrise wins Melbourne & dominates Adelaide and Perth

Sunrise & Today have generally been tied in Brisbane.

Today now wins Sydney (not as dominate however).

1 Like

[quote=“Troiboi, post:55, topic:69, full:true”]
Sunrise playing with camera angles and voiceover returning from break this morning. No headlines at 7am either.
[/quote] There were news headlines this morning at 7. As for the voiceover, it appears at 6.30 and has been used for a few weeks now, saying, " You’re with Sunrise, now back to your hosts…". Something like that. Also for about a month now during the 7.25-7.30 break, the team appear in a pre-recorded clip, like an ad, and say what’s coming up

1 Like

I have to agree. He started off a little rough but as the week has gone on, he’s defiantly improved. Part from the Good Friday Appeal, this is the first time he’s presented Live TV. I think we’ll see a lot more of him in the future.

2 Likes

Sam’s current overseas holiday won’t be her only overseas trip this year.Sam said in an interview in December she has a lot of annual leave owing and plans to use it in 2016 travelling overseas.

I meant the day’s top stories not news headlines but I stand corrected. The voiceover ‘you’re with Sunrise etc’ was also featured at 7am directly after the top stories.

1 Like

Great. Much prefer Eddie or Nat hosting.

2 Likes