Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

We have mock threads for this.

4 Likes

Sam’s still on leave.

2 Likes

Won’t happen, but would love to see 7 hire Natarsha Belling and pair her up with Matt on Weekend Sunrise. Those 2 belong together IMO.

7 Likes

As good as it would be, I doubt it would happen (as you said).

I highly doubt they’re going to change any of the presenters on Weekend Sunrise when they are the most watched weekend breakfast show, week in week out.

5 Likes

Why would they muck around with the winning combo they already have?

5 Likes

Sam back tomorrow.

9 Likes

Sam will be back tomorrow morning.

On her most recent Instagram post, she said that her mum has been gravely ill for a while and has been in hospital recently, and her dad recently collapsed and had a stroke. Hopefully they’ll both be okay.

That most likely explains why she was away for a second week, as she was caring for them.

3 Likes

I would certainly hope not. They were a great team at Ten but wouldn’t necessarily work for Seven’s Sunrise or their news programs for that matter.

1 Like

Matt Doran isn’t the answer. I’m just not sure what the question is.

Reason why Sam has been off air this week

3 Likes

Happens nearly everyday now. Today:

Kochie: “Time for the rest of the day’s news, here’s Eddy.”

Nat: “Thank. You.”

:laughing:

4 Likes

Elle Georgio presenting Perth’s sunrise news today

4 Likes

Hahahahaha

Oh dear

Nat should have said back “Thank you Matt” :laughing: (referencing Matt Doran by the way)

2 Likes

Nat has outgrown the news role, especially with the main hosts reading most of the big news.

I think Nat should host weekend Sunrise with Monique in addition to hosting Sunrise twice per week, and serve as main fill in for Kochie and Sam…

Personally I’d be happy to see her replace Sam altogether

3 Likes

Then who goes to news? Eddy?

Or do you just scrap the newsreader role all together?

Nat & Kochie with Eddy on news would be great.

4 Likes

The great thing about Nat co-hosting is that she is really hard-hitting with the interviewer which is exactly what you need with a co-host. But to me, I will always see Nat as the ‘newsreader’, giving us our first dose of news each morning. I don’t mind her filling in on Mondays & Fridays when Sam or Kochie are having their day off.

I reckon Sam will leave at the end of 2021 and Kochie will leave at the end of 2022. I’d be interested to see who is chosen to co-host alongside Kochie if Sam does leave before him. I doubt Nat will become the permanent female co-host one day.

Personally I’d rather have Eddy co-host Weekend Sunrise, as I believe she’s a very strong co-host (and that could build-up her co-hosting skills if she was to move to the weekday co-host role one day). Not sure where that would leave Monique though.

Then for newsreader I’d pick one of Angie Asimus, Angela Cox, Monique Wright, or Sally Bowrey (who could also become entertainment presenter if Eddy ever left the weekday show).

1 Like

I also think her role as “newsreader” has expanded. She frequently conducts interviews within the news blocks and fronts segments and packages when she’s in the news role.

I think this is why they switched from the promo shots of just Sam & Kochie to the full team.

Its a shame Weekend Sunrise doesn’t have publicity shots and full promos like the weekday edition.

4 Likes

I think it’s because they’re unsure whether to include Simon, as he may not actually return to the program…

2 Likes