Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Agree

2 Likes

Kochie might not have been in the studio this morning but he was seen on the pub quiz :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Sam Mac made the comment he’ll still be getting paid for not being there because he’s been on screen so much :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Sunrise has always been about the ‘family’ so it was more odd that it was just the two hosts than when they changed it back.

They have been doing weekend promos in the past two years or so. But, as for the publicity shots, it is all about the main show.

4 Likes

During yesterday (Thursday) morning’s show, there was a report from Bianca Stone just before the 8:30am news about deep cleaning during coronavirus.

Am I right in saying that I heard Ryan Phelan’s voice during the package that aired at the start of the report (which featured various presenters/reporters saying the phrase “deep clean”, and Phelan was one of them)?

Seems a bit odd to include him when they sacked him. I’m sure there would have been lots of other footage they could’ve included, instead of Ryan saying it.

2 Likes

Wardrobe got the memo today:

10 Likes

Matt Doran is back hosting with Monique this weekend.

Screenshot_20200815-165556~2
Berett’s would be delighted to have the weekend off.
EDIT-
James Tobin is presenting weather in the studio this morning.

5 Likes

I like the idea of having Sam Mac/JT in the studio. It’s something different that we don’t get to see all that often

6 Likes

All 3 breakfast programs rated slightly lower this week than last, but the finish order remained the same. Sunrise was number one, approximately 60,000 ahead of News Breakfast in second place. Today was another 5,000 behind. It was Today’s fifth consecutive week where all editions rated over 200,000.

All programs rated higher than week 33 in 2019 - Sunrise +10,000; Today +16,000; News Breakfast + 22,000.

4 Likes

Some caps from Sunrise this morning

Introducing V-P day anniversary

13 Likes

God that multiscreen video wall is showing its age, the calibration across all of the screens in it are all over the shop!

4 Likes

Is Matt trying to be like Karl with his constant digs at Monique? Friendly or not, every interaction or interview is a bit much.

Monique gives it back though and even Sally gets involved too

This was the same as his relationship with Natarsha Belling. I think it’s great as long as it goes both ways. Its perfect for weekend banter.

2 Likes

Monique also returns serve to him but l get your point that it does go a bit overboard sometimes.

2 Likes

I think you’ll find Mon gives more than she gets and she started it lol

1 Like

Whilst we’re on the topic of talking about Weekend Sunrise, who’s your favourite WS presenter?

I think one of these polls has been done for the weekday presenters before, but not the weekend presenters.

• Monique Wright
  • Matt Doran
  • Sally Bowrey
  • Simon Reeve
  • James Tobin

0 voters

She has done that with all her co-hosts.

1 Like

6 Likes

Tuesday 18 August to Thursday 20 August-

Nat hosting with Kochie and Monique Wright reading news.

EDIT-
Kochie said at the start of the show this morning " Sam is off again she is looking after her parents who aren’t well".
Nat said “We are thinking of them all at this time and wishing them all the best”.

8 Likes