Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

There’s no major effort put into the promotion of it. Using talent stills cobbled together to create an end board is cheap.

They haven’t focused on a a good promotion strategy or creative in years. The fact they don’t put effort into the promotion shows the arrogance and complacency in my opinion. They feel they don’t need to put the effort in because they are “winning”. The shows on air presentation also shows this.
It is the problem with Seven as an overall
That’s my point.

2 Likes

I’m in no way denying this. But I’m just questioning at a time when their hands are tied behind their back financially and they are losing in primetime, is it really necessary to invest in something already winning over other parts of the company that is dying (like primetime)?

Having said that, the endboard does look a bit lame. A new group shot with the backdrop behind them would look a whole lot nicer.

In no way will I deny that there is a sense of complacency at Seven. If they tried doing this without the current financial strain they should be copping criticism left right and centre. In this current climate, there are bigger fishes to fry for Seven in comparison to a promo endboard for a winning breakfast show. Though I would love to see a refresh for Sunrise soon (financial situation permitting that is :blush:) .

2 Likes

Sunrise promo with new end tag that has text

2 Likes

I’m curious as to why Seven haven’t re branded Sunrise’s graphics and logo.

3 Likes

Has anyone replaced David Woiwod in Melbourne yet? Or is Nathan Templeton the only reporter there at the moment?

Have only seen Nathan lately. I actually thought this morning, they are using 2 Qld based reporters most mornings now.

2 Likes

Consistency and no need for change. The 7 News tweaks were pointless.

No. Probably a cut- Melbourne was the only city to have two dedicated Sunrise reporters.

In response to Today, I’d say. The difference to Melbourne is that Tamra/Amanda still flex this with duties on the GC News.

2 Likes

Tuesday 04th August-Friday 07th August: Nat and Kochie still co-hosting and Eddy reading the news. James Tobin presenting weather.

Tuesday 11th August-: Nat and Kochie are still co-hosting this morning and Eddy reading the news.

10 Likes

Why do they even bother having Sam on the show when she is always taking days off??!!

3 Likes

As much as I like Sam, I have to say I’m enjoying the dynamic of Nat, Kochie, Eddy and Beretts, they all have very good chemistry after being together for so many years. JT has also been good this week.

8 Likes

I think she is more of an “unofficial”/semi-permanent Sunrise correspondent much like Samantha Brett and Amber Laidler in Sydney.

Bow’s Twitter feed has a Sunrise header and also mentions the show in her bio.

6 Likes

If Sam returns next week and Nat takes a week or two off, she might end up hosting for 5 days

4 Likes

Sam won’t work 5 days. They’re lucky Kochie is flexible.

10 Likes

Monique Wright would most likely be called in to co-host alongside Kochie in the event that Sam and Nat aren’t there.

4 Likes

With Sam Mac on holidays this week the coming weeks will probably see Nat and then Berett’s turn for a holiday.

4 Likes

I wonder if Eddy will also get her week off too, though they may ask her to stay if there’s a shortage of fill-in presenters and take her holidays later in the year, also too since she’d been on maternity leave for the first five months of the year and has only returned to work relatively recently.

3 Likes

I don’t think Eddy will have holidays just yet,I’m also guessing later in the year for her.

4 Likes

With Nathan Templeton and Simon Reeve both unlikely to be able to fly in/fly out, either Mel McLaughlin or Matt Shirvington would have to present sport in Beretts’ absence.

3 Likes

Matt Carmichael?

1 Like

I think it would be Matt filling in if Berett’s has holidays.

2 Likes