Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Great to see Beretts filling in.

Matt appeared on the show this morning from his home in isolation. He was in a restaurant which has had cases.

6 Likes

Yes great to have him co-hosting this morning, he’s very dedicated to his job and is probably owed
a few days off with him filling in this weekend, and not taking as many days off as his other colleagues on the weekday version of the program.

I’d say he’s probably the main fill-in for Matt Doran now, until the WA borders reopen so Basil can fly over to Sydney.

4 Likes

The three breakfast programs recorded higher average ratings in week 31 compared to the previous week.

Sunrise was number 1 with its best result for 4 weeks.
Today was number 2, 60,000 behind but with its highest weekly average for 14 weeks. Today won in Brisbane.
News Breakfast was 4,000 behind Today with its best number for 11 weeks.

Both commercial programs were up +20,000 on week 31 in 2019 while News Breakfast was up 60,000.

5 Likes

7 Likes

“Innocent people” lol. Jesus.

I would’ve thought Matt would have hosted with Nat yesterday morning (Friday), as that is normally Kochie’s day off, so I guess Matt’s mandatory isolation explains why Kochie worked a 5 day week.

3 Likes

Do we know where Sam has been? Holidays?

1 Like

On holidays

2 Likes

I assume so, Kochie had the week before off for holidays so I assume last week was Sam’s turn to take mid-year holidays. Wonder if Nat, Beretts, Eddy or Sam Mac will be taking holidays this coming week, as they’ve lost a couple of fill-in presenters with Matt Doran ruled out for two weeks and Angela Cox in Queensland.

But regardless, the bottom line is they’ve got a wide team that is well known to the audience to keep people switched on Sunrise.

4 Likes

New promo end tag:

10 Likes

A lot of diversity right there

2 Likes

IMO that end tag doesn’t look the best

3 Likes

Twitter was also updated this week.

3 Likes

It’s good that they have reverted back to using the full team in the end tag, opposed to just the two hosts. However, they’ve done a poor job with photoshopping together the individual publicity shots. The disproportionate ratios are even more noticeable in this one from this morning with Kochie in the middle:

A motion pack shot together, socially distanced in studio, would look much nicer.

4 Likes

I wish they’d do a group shot for WS as well.

6 Likes

Monday 3 August-

James Tobin is presenting weather filling in for Sam Mac this week.

6 Likes

Nat - ‘I love Monday’s’
Kochie - ‘I’m glad someone does’

:sweat_smile:

11 Likes

That looks horrible.

I don’t get why they don’t do a simple shoot in the studio of them all on set standing in front of the desk.
I guess the arrogance because they win the ratings they don’t need to focus on their promotions.

#TheSevenMantra

I’m not sure how the promo endboard has anything to do with their arrogance. It’s just a still image, is fairly insignificant and not something that needs to be invested in unlike their primetime schedule.

A non-issue compared to the program itself.

Good to see ex-Sunrise reporter (and now US correspondent) David Woiwod on the show this morning.

9 Likes