Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

As Luke Darcy would say, “Say That Again”!

3 Likes

Monday 14 October-

Mark Beretta is back presenting sport.

5 Likes

Melbourne correspondent Nathan Templeton is also back from his holidays.

3 Likes

A great profile of Michael Pell in the SMH… smart to assert himself publicly and discuss Sunrise’s dominance under his leadership, especially as there are so many changes happening at Seven currently.

Pell doesn’t need to make radical changes to the show or change for the sake of change when the show is #1.

5 Likes

Just going to change the topic here. I remember a couple of years back there was discussion about Seven Tasmania airing (possibly) pre-recorded news inserts into Sunrise and dubbing it ‘Sunrise Local News’, and I was wondering if anybody can confirm that this is still going? Or was it quietly removed?

1 Like

Screenshot_20191014-135150~2

2 Likes

Still happening

4 Likes

The view out the window is looking a bit bland these days. I know the concrete barrier is there to prevent vehicular attacks, and it’s a nice touch that they’ve added the sunrise logo to it, but surely they could replace it with 2 bollards that could be hidden in frame behind the presenters and provide a bit more street view.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the barrier- it’s got the logo on it and plants growing from it. It is asthetic. I just don’t like the small window (maybe that’s intentional) of a construction site and pillars. I prefer this position in front of the bus stop; it has more activity:

**Not my image.

6 Likes

And more people in the background waving :confused:

4 Likes

Kochie will be away on ‘secret assignment’ tomorrow.

4 Likes

Kochie heading up a new season of The Apprentice for Seven in 2020. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hopefully shooting a Sunrise spinoff / reboot Kochie’s Undercover Angels!

4 Likes

Thursday 17 October-

Nat hosting with Sam this morning with Eddy presenting News & Entertainment and Nathan Templeton presenting sport.

5 Likes

It appears Samantha Brett and Jessica Ridley have swapped shifts reporting from Sydney.

Normally Ridley appears on Mondays-Wednesdays with Brett finishing off the week. This week (at least) it’s the reverse.

1 Like

Friday 18 October-

Nat hosting with Sam and Eddy presenting News and Entertainment this morning.

4 Likes

Sam or Nat said this morning that Kochie was in the Big Apple for Qantas’ flight from New York to Sydney (or something among those lines).

7 Likes

Yes, it is a 20-hour, non-stop research flight from New York to Sydney, and Kochie is one of only 50 people (including crew) travelling aboard the 787-9 plane which will land in Sydney on Sunday morning. There should be a report on Sunrise on Monday.
More info:

6 Likes

8 Likes

It would be good if Sunrise resumed holding regular concerts in the Plaza - it’s one of the biggest advantages the show has over Today

9 Likes