Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

But those shows rated lower so that’s why they don’t do them any more.

Sunrise summer concert series with concerts on the Plaza in summer each Friday. NBC Today does that for many years

8 Likes

What works in America doesn’t necessarily work in Australia.

It’s obvious that viewers want the show they get every day. Anytime they do a tour around Australia or a concert show, the ratings drop.

1 Like

Reckon they should do it for medium-to-big artists such as Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande etc.

5 Likes

@JBar We are referring to the Plaza concerts that happen outisde the studio- not OB shows. It was great to have the concerts back today, hopefully they continue. Unfortunately, Jess’ first performance was a little poor- the audio was muffled and the crowd was flat:

Not sure if this was planned, or as a result of the technical glitches, but the second song was performed in studio:

Which meant that the desk had to be shifted to the performance area (I actually prefer this to the main desk area. Only have to swap Eddy and Beretts so the people aren’t waving during the news):

And Jessica’s final performance of the new release was performed back on the Plaza. Thankfully, the energy levels were up this time:

Sunrise also have been doing Showbiz from the soft set for the past few weeks:

15 Likes

I agree , that was one of the things I liked about Sunrise, years ago.

8 Likes

Bring in Taylor Swift, Beyoncé etc. After that Beiber incident in 2010, Sunrise doesn’t hold concerts frequently on “The Plaza”

I enjoyed watching superstars come to Brekky Central for a free concert mostly on Fridays. Sometimes they perform at the forecourt of the Sydney Opera House or the Sydney International Cruise ship terminal.

6 Likes

The desk in the performance area definitely looks better!

I really think the one thing that lets this whole set down is the desk. It’s just plain ugly and looks unfinished.they need a new one. The whole floating sunrise logo on the laminex platform looks horrid.

4 Likes

Looks so much better there.

4 Likes

Maybe Eddy is shy about standing on camera while pregnant.

4 Likes

Shy?

I’d suggest she’s at the stage of her pregnancy where sitting might be easier than standing.

7 Likes

The perils of live TV

9 Likes

Screenshot_20191018-181221~2 Screenshot_20191018-181308~2

5 Likes

Didn’t one of Delta Goodrem’s concerts years ago rate over 600k?

1 Like

Saturday 19 October-

Simon is presenting sport from Royal Randwick Racecourse this morning.

5 Likes

Love Gretel on Weekend Sunrise and her passion, wit and humour. When you hear her speak it’s clear there’s only one possible host of the upcoming Big Brother. Do it Gretel!

4 Likes

Really liking these graphics on social media linking with the website.

8 Likes

wat

She has clearly established herself as a left-wing social commentator.

As long as that doesn’t creep in to the show, than it’s ok.

Would Gretel today get so angry with Merlin protesting?

4 Likes

I’m sure she would, if it prevented her from doing her job. She had half a show left to interview him in, but he wouldn’t speak. She was left high and dry. Of course she was angry.

3 Likes