Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Sunrise taking advantage of Today having a break from cash giveaways this week (and their Mega Minday giveaways):

Looks like the cow doesn’t get her annual leave this year, right?

3 Likes

Speak for yourself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I never particularly liked Matt Doran on ten news for his reporting style. Haha. So just another show to avoid him in it. Plus weekend sunrise is not what I call a decent morning breakfast show you would want to be associated with

So sounds like you wouldn’t have been watching Weekend Sunrise anyway…

4 Likes

Weekend Sunrise is quite important if you look at it from the Lisa & Sam perspective.

That being that two of the highest paid people ever in breakfast television started on Weekend Sunrise.

So the message there is don’t take the show or the position for granted. They could be your next generation weekday presenters… or they could be on a rival network next time contract negotiations come up.

4 Likes

“We look forward to welcoming him back in an ongoing capacity…”

9 Likes

I also think Basil standing down from Weekend Sunrise may allow him to continue to call AFL matches played in Perth in an intermittent basis, especially on Thursdays and Fridays, even though his focus will be on the Tokyo Olympics.

2 Likes

Happy 40th Birthday to Sunrise Queensland correspondent Bianca Stone.

2 Likes

As well with this, he has a younger family and will be part of the Perth Telethon. Basil will continue with 7 News Perth and also call matches. As well, he will be part of the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.

5 Likes

Seems to be a lot of playout issues this morning

3 Likes

Something weird is going on with Weekend Sunrise, an HD watermark appeared then during the weather cross the screen went grey and cut to an ad break, with the HD watermark there…
(I’m in Melbourne, anyone else getting this?)

9 Likes

Went to a grey screen 5 times, then cut to a break, hosts have no idea what’s going on, maybe this is only in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Sometimes it is not just about looks :wink: .At first, I was skeptical about Basil hosting Weekend Sunrise. But from the outset, Basil was great. He is a natural in the breakfast genre, very comfortable weiving between light and shade. He had great chemistry with Mon, which I will miss.

I understand that he will be back to fill-in for Matt regularly. Plus, with Nat accumulating annual leave, I think it is likely that he will be hosting the weekday show at some point over summer.

6 Likes

That was fake news from The Daily Telegraph as Koch signed a two year contract last year. (A story in The Australian today refreshed my memory). November 2018:

2 Likes

Monday 7 October-

Nat hosting with Kochie with Eddy reading News and Entertainment and Ryan Phelan presenting sport.
Sam Mac is presenting weather
from Canada this week.

4 Likes

Sam Mac writes in his New Idea column this week he will present weather from locations such as Banff, Lake Louise and Vancouver.

2 Likes

Tuesday: Sam Armytage is back and hosting with Nat. Eddy is reading the news and Ryan Phelan on sport

5 Likes

Thursday (10.10.2019): Natalie Barr is live in Rappville this morning, with special coverage on the NSW bushfire emergency. Edwina Bartholomew is reading the rest of the day’s news with Ryan Phelan on sport.

3 Likes

Thursday 10 October-

3 Likes

There were some really good graphics today especially when Nat was giving updates from the fire locations.

5 Likes