Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

4 Likes

Which frees Matt Doran up and available permanently for Weekend Sunriseā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™d love to wake up with Matt on Saturday and Sunday mornings. :wink:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed that Matt remains with Seven and replaces Basil on weekendsā€¦he would be perfect!
@spw68 ā€¦Matt is the complete package :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Matt Doran would make a great permanent co-host. Weekend Sunrise with Matt and Mon

4 Likes

Who wouldnā€™t :smirk:

1 Like

Seems THIS weekend is Basilā€™s last on Weekend Sunrise.

7 Likes

Smart decision

12 Likes

I was hoping they may have paried him with Angela Cox. Smart move either way!

3 Likes

No surprises there, a good decision from 7.

4 Likes

Woohoo @Salty :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

I imagine Ange will be called on to fill in for Monique on occasion.

3 Likes

ā€¦and over summer

2 Likes

Matt and Mon on Weekend Sunrise

3 Likes

@spw68 I think we will see a lot of Angela over summer on Sunrise and Weekend Sunrise in the hosting chair.
The timing of Basilā€™s departure worked out very well for Matt and us viewers.:grin:

4 Likes

Quite possibly was done that way on purpose.

Maybe Basil was asked to stay longer so that Matt was available to take over. Or they wanted to avoid rumours which might have jeopardised the Big Brother contract or staff being alerted that the axe was near for Sunday Night. In the end all the rumours leaked the info anyway.

3 Likes

Oh yeah thatā€™s rightā€¦ Basil must have stayed on WS to help them get Big Brother (which is still unconfirmed).

1 Like

:roll_eyes: No, Iā€™m saying he might have been asked to stay on until his replacement was available to take over.

Otherwise, they would have to scramble to find an interim co-host. Just like Insiders have had to do with the departure of Barrie Cassidy and his replacement not being yet available.

2 Likes

Iā€™d suggest it might have had more to do with the end of the AFL season. Either that or a Very convenient coincidence.

2 Likes

I think Ange is also preferred fill-in for Michael Usher in his various duties.

3 Likes