Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

I really think they should get rid of ‘Weekend Sunrise’ and just make it ‘Sunrise’ across all 7 days.

@mirb looking at Nelson’s Twitter it seems he will appear on Mondays.

3 Likes

Weekend Sunrise Promo Endtag:

4 Likes

Edwina had a segment on Friday called ‘The Story of My Life’. Pretty much just a revival of Monique’s Everyday People segment from a few years ago.

3 Likes

Angela’s still warming to being back in front of an autocue, but she’s good and been around for years now.

Has so be said, bit of a demotion for Emma Dallimore now being back in full-time (now for Seven). She was previously US Bureau Chief for Ten, now ‘US Correspondent’ under Mike Amor.

Anything away from Ten is a promotion not a demotion. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

If anything, most ex-Ten presenters and reporters who have moved to Seven, Nine or the ABC in recent years have thrived at their new networks!

3 Likes

###Seven announces WEEKEND SUNRISE PARATHON to help send Australia’s Paralympic team to Rio
Get behind our Para-athletes

Saturday 5 March at 7.00am

Andrew O’Keefe and Angela Cox will present a special extended edition of WEEKEND SUNRISE on Saturday, March 5 in support of Australia’s Paralympic team.

The WEEKEND SUNRISE PARATHON will help raise funds to send Australia’s Paralympic team to Rio.

The show will broadcast live from Sydney’s Martin Place between 7am-12pm AEDT and will feature Para-athletes and special guests, plus give viewers some of the incredible stories behind our 2016 Paralympic hopefuls.

The Australian Paralympic Committee (APC) is aiming to send 170 Paralympic athletes from 15 sports to Rio, at a cost of $7 million.

All money raised at the WEEKEND SUNRISE PARATHON will go directly towards sending the team to the Paralympics.

Funds raised above the APC’s $7 million Rio funding target will be used for community driven programs to identify future generations of Paralympians and inspire people with disabilities.

Seven West Media’s Chief Executive Officer, Tim Worner, said:

“We hope all Australians will be inspired by the stories of our Para-athletes. The Weekend Sunrise Parathon is a call to dig deep and get behind our Paralympic hopefuls; to show your support and help these skilled athletes get their chance against the world’s best in Rio.”

Australian Paralympic Committee Chief Executive, Lynne Anderson, said:

“In partnership with Seven, we are very excited to introduce Weekend Sunrise viewers to some of our Para-athletes aiming for gold in Rio and importantly, provide an opportunity to donate desperately-needed financial assistance to help ensure the Australian Paralympic Team is given the chance to succeed at the Rio Games in September.

“Our Paralympic athletes aiming for Rio are extraordinary elite athletes that we are sure all Australians will respect and admire.

“The Weekend Sunrise Parathon is an Australian first and we really hope Corporate Australia and the wider community embrace it. We want Australians to realise that a contribution to the Parathon can make a meaningful impact on this outstanding group of Australians with a disability.”

The Rio 2016 Paralympic Games will commence on September 7.

6 Likes

Voice over for Andrew and Angela featured this morning. Including ‘Breakkie Central’ as opposed to ‘Studio 52’.

2 Likes

Both Angela and Sally are really good. In fact, Sally’s chemistry with the team was really good surprisingly.

2 Likes

Rebecca Maddern looks to be back in Melbourne presenting reports this week.

2 Likes

She was in Sydney on Sunrise this morning… who knows!

Does Melbourne have a video wall? It looked like she was doing in studio from another studio.

Melbourne does.

1 Like

So after a week of the new Sunrise here are my two cents…

1. Producers seriously need to sit down and map out Eddy’s role. I still think it could be quite easy for them to implement an orange room type set up with all the screens they have. Also, is it really fair to demote Nelson Aspen to one day a week considering his loyal contribution for years?

2. Graphics aren’t too bad, although I prefer the mock made in the Random Mocks thread!

3. Bring back Duran Duran! It just doesn’t feel the same without it.

4. The 7am opener needs work. It really should be consistent every half hour. Or if they want to persist with Sam and Kochie leading 7am with the top stores…make it a summary and go in depth after news,sport and weather. Although, isn’t this idea a copy of what the Today Show does over on 9?

5. I really don’t like the 3D Sunrise backdrop they use behind the couch of the sun made up of the word “sunrise”. It looks cheap IMO

5 Likes

I agree. Some claim on Wikipedia that Uptown Funk is their new theme song, but it varies from show to show. I agree they should bring it back. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have they been using that tiny desk we saw when the set was being made?

Pretty sure that was a coffee table…

2 Likes

wat

I went back to Sunrise yesterday and can’t stop watching…the tension between Sam and Eddy is addictive!

1 Like