Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeah, that’s what I mean. She may be with the whole group once or twice but generally will be seen separately or just with Sam and Kochie.

3 Likes

Absolutely well polished, open and welcoming. Well done, Michael.

I don’t like the silver couch stands. And yes @Troiboi the couch is white and blue. There also seems to be a look like TMS with that plasma graphic.

Turns out you were right.

Looks really nice and the wall with the blue, purple and orange reminds me of Sunrise’s first soft set in 2001. And the desk is the right size.

Hear , Hear!

1 Like

Looks very Swank! :sunglasses:

Graphics and main shot

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBLvLkdrZOO/

14 Likes

Do you mean the silver couch legs? They are unlikely to be seen in the normal studio shots.

2 Likes

It’s like some sort of hybrid of Sunrise, NBC Today and Nine’s Today (orange flipper reminds me of the 2012 look a bit)!

2 Likes

I hope that 7News image is just a placeholder, because if it’s not that puts any idea of a graphics overhaul to 7 news out the window…

Like the sunrise graphics though! Nice welcome change :slightly_smiling:

5 Likes

Looking like it’s going to be very fantastic on air. They are showing heaps of what will be revealed tomorrow. Creating some buzz.

I think that they’d still be testing the graphics (notice how that OTS/Plasma thing said “TEST TEST”?) and that there’s a fairly decent chance of new graphics for the news. Otherwise, why wouldn’t the new Sydney/national desk have a graphic that reflects the current look like the newer desk introduced last year did?

1 Like

Like that strap on Sunrise… very clean and easy to read. All good signs!

Sunrise are excellent at creating buzz around their show. Seriously great PR people!

6 Likes

I can see the Sunrise logo embosed on the OST. I think that graphic is just for Sunrise. However, this raises questions since they are still using the current logo :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Yeah I realise they are Sunrise graphics. Just odd why the current/old News logo with globe backdrop is the placeholder. But I guess we will see!

1 Like

I think it’s incredible that they were able to implement all those changes in such a short amount. Fast work.

1 Like

Yeah, so much work done in such a small space of time! I feel that this set has been given all the bells and whistles and final polishes compared to the News set, which isn’t bad, but I feel that this set had been given a bit more love.

So regarding Angela Cox, I take it Emma Dallimore will now be the US Correspondent (along with Bureau Chief Mike Amor₩?

She’s a great pick-up IMO, both talented and presents well during reports. Emma’s been in Los Angeles since mid-2009, when she took over from Nicole Strahan on Network Ten.

I hope Monique Wright returns, she’s also great and a veteran of Seven now. Doesn’t weekend sunrise have it’s own EP? It domiantes Weekend Today.

Love the graphics, looks great. [quote=“Leostar, post:453, topic:69”]
hope that 7News image is just a placeholder, because if it’s not that puts any idea of a graphics overhaul to 7 news out the window
[/quote] It should be but don’t forget that image featured in the old OTS was a generic 7 News feature, so never fear, Seven News is here! :wink:[quote=“JBar, post:451, topic:69”]
Do you mean the silver couch legs? They
[/quote] Yes I do. I would prefer if the couch went straight to the ground. The stand idea, I feel, is too 90s.

The photo of the 5 of them around the desk gives me a Studio 10 vibe (although it does look a bit crowded because the desk is fairly small) - which isn’t a bad thing as that is my favourite of all the morning shows in recent times. I honestly wouldn’t mind it if ditching the Kochie’s Angel segment means we might get a couple of 'hot topic’ish discussions from the 5 of them throughout the show each day.

1 Like

Nope, those style of couches are in right now. I always hated the box to the floor couches, they look so clunky and dated on TV.

3 Likes

Michael Pell just tweeted this: https://twitter.com/MichaelPell/status/693687005947908096

2 Likes

^ they even made a crystal Sunrise logo. Looks nice

1 Like