Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Is Angela’s move to Aus permanent?

She also co-hosted the 6pm news in Brisbane for a few weeks last summer and was very good.

Not sure. Here’s what the Courier Mail article said.

“Angela’s time working for Seven in the US, following the big stories, delivering breaking news and rolling coverage make her the ideal person to join our team,” the show’s executive producer Michael Pellsaid.

After arriving home on Friday, Cox joins the Seven breakfast team as they unveil the new look Sunrise.

Cox is stepping in to the shoes of Edwina Bartholomew who took the reins from Monique Wright who is currently on maternity leave.

Bartholomew moves from Weekend Sunrise to join Sam Armytage and David Kochas a new co-host on Sunrise.

“It is a great time to be coming back and joining the team,” Cox said.

“Seven is making a lot of exciting changes and I am looking forward to being part of that.”

[quote=“spw68, post:429, topic:69”]
Not sure. Here’s what the Courier Mail article said
[/quote] Thanks for the article, as I couldn’t access it because I’m not a subscriber. I expected Monique to be back by now, she left in September I think, but TDE did a photoshoot last week and only Tom and Sally were photographed so she is still on leave. You would think if Monique was returning to Weekend Sunrise you wouldn’t get someone from overseas to present, would you? IIRC, Monique has joked that every time she has returned from Maternity Leave, she has been promoted within the network so maybe that is the case. By the looks of the article, Angie is the new permanent Weekend Sunrise co-host.

Here is Eddy’s farewell on Sunrise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJWTo9K8aY&feature=youtu.be

And Weekend Sunrise had Sam Mac at Brekky Central as seen here. Nothing we haven’t seen before, but I wonder if Nat will still be at the desk reading the news on the left. I doubt it because there is a window right behind that seat so that is a no, no of course. They were promoting the 5.30 start on the ticker and verbally which is good, maybe a bit late : https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/30696366/sam-has-the-scoop-on-the-new-sunrise/#page1

1 Like

I didn’t read into that article that Angela was permanently taking over from Monique.

I’d say that Angela is returning permanently from the US not because of weekend sunrise but because it’s time to come back.

I’d say when Monique returns, that Angela will move into another role, or Monique will.

Maybe Angela will replace Talitha as from memory she is freelance / contractor.

1 Like

You’re right. Angie is just filling in for Monique Wright while she is on maternity leave.

Sneak peak... New set. See it tomorrow morning from 5.30am @sunriseon7 ps; it's gorgeous ☀️

A photo posted by Samantha Armytage (@sam_armytage) on Jan 30, 2016 at 6:37pm PST

I still think we will see the desk positioned in front of the big solid wall with the inset plasma for most of the show but that they will have the option of moving it over to the window if the segments/mood suits (just like they used to have Sam/Kochie move around the desk to where the old window was).

1 Like

Beretts just posted a full shot of the team on the new desk.

Oooh it looks great.

13 Likes

Looks Very Polished

1 Like

Shot of the couch area from Kochie’s Twitter account

14 Likes

Like everything but the lights on the boarder.

Looks incredibly good. Feels very open and makes the use of their location.

Looking forward to seeing it on tv tomorrow (or in promos tonight as was the case when the last set launched)

1 Like

Eddy already looks like the fifth wheel.

3 Likes

Looks fantastic, great update. Bright, Modern, warm, polished. The quality evident in the work of these American set designers is so much better than local work.

And the marble really works !

9 Likes

I think this is a wider shot, than what you are likely to see during the show. I’d say you will most likely only be seeing the view out the window, most of the time.

I’m assuming we won’t be seeing all five on the couch or the desk at the same time. If they are, it’s going to be crowded and hard to get a word in edgeways. More likely that Nat or Mark (or both) will be away when Edwina is there.

Works for Today with Richard Wilkins.

I see no issue.

4 Likes

Exactly what I thought. And I don’t think she will be at the desk for the whole show. If she is doing online stuff, I can imagine she will be using other aspects of the set.

2 Likes