Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Hm. I still feel that the wooden riser should extend behind the desk. It just looks a bit odd, its like they are sitting behind a wall.
Something is just odd about that frame… Maybe its just the lack of lighting, as it did look good in the other photo.

1 Like

Something is off for me in the wide shot (the last update from Michael) but I’m sure it will all be ok come tomorrow on air.

Is the news graphic what will appear behind Nat or over her shoulder with ‘test’ being replaced by the date?

Yeah, they’ll probably put the date or a headline where it says “TEST” in those two lines!

1 Like

I do really like that set, I just hope they take advantage of the monitor behind them and show different cities throughout the program… It would be easy enough. Doesn’t have to be fixed on Martin Place all the time… Or does it?

Also, I really hope the whole five presenters at the desk works out but it just looks too crowded to me. I can’t see it being sustainable.

Don’t think Eddy will be “on the desk” for the whole show. In the pic Pell tweeted she is not there - just the normal 4.

1 Like

I’m really not sure about this set, but will reserve judgement until I’ve seen it on air tomorrow.

Graphics on the screen behind the team in the couch photo look really good as does the marbel floor.

The rest I will comment on tomorrow.

1 Like

Obviously motivated by space constraints and a need for manoeuvrability.

Looks very NBC Today-ish and Rockefeller Center-esque. A new chapter of Australia’s favourite morning show will begin tomorrow at the earlier time of 5.30am on 7. What’s wrong with the Vault?!?

Can’t say I’m a fan of the new look from what I’ve seen. It actually resembles the Today set from 2009-2012 in close ups.
Silver panels, the glass, and the marble flooring, looks too cold for morning television. The random light boxes everywhere suffocate the smaller set elements, especially in the main presentation area. The television projection of Martian Place behind the 2 main presenters is very narrow (Channel Ten had this exact problem with Ten News until a second screen was added).
I understand was Jack Morton PDG was working on a budget for both Sunrise and Seven News, but I was expecting a lot more.

GFX look good.

Berretts keeps making comments like ‘this is just a sprinkle of what’s to come’ and ‘wait til you see it transform during the morning’.

1 Like

Are the exterior shots behind the couch and desk screens or the Windows looking out to Martin place.

The one behind the desk looks like a screen which is smart if there is a news story that would not be appropriate for a street view.

I imagine they’ll change the lighting colours throughout the show, perhaps in sync with the hours, and move the desk around to different positions, including actual windows out to Martin Pl.

Both screens in the above images, but they also have similarly scaled areas with actual windows.

2 Likes

By any chance would The Morning Show be relaunched with new graphics?

Yeah, saw something on Instagram. But who cares, it’s padding around advertorials.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that The Morning Show will be running the same (or very similar) graphics as last year.

In any case, these shows are just padding around the infomercials as KVZ rightfully pointed out! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Both are screens. I think we will probably also see both the couch and desk being positioned in front of the big window on the corner at times as well.

I agree, and they don’t need to be changed. I’m sure they will have a few new backdrop graphics though to take advantage of the huge new screens and various set pieces but nothing major.

I’m more interested to see The Daily Edition. Surely they aren’t planning to dump that crappy $2 shop desk down in the middle of that gorgeous new set.

1 Like

This thread is temporarily closed, with all relaunch discussion to be held in here.

The normal thread will open again in due course.

3 Likes