Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Nat co-hosting with Sam and Eddy reading news/entertainment on this Easter Monday extended edition.

!

4 Likes

When are they broadcasting the whole show from the Gold Coast?

1 Like

I think from Wednesday morning

3 Likes

Sunrise to shine on the Gold Coast

Australia’s favourite brekky show LIVE from Broadbeach for GC2018

From Wednesday 4 April

For the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, Sunrise is the golden way to start your day.

Kicking off from Wednesday, join Kochie, Sam, Nat, Beretts, Eddy and Sam Mac for a special 2018 Commonwealth Games two-week edition of Sunrise LIVE from Broadbeach.

From the Opening Ceremony and every big event, Sunrise will have exclusive access to GC2018 plus our Aussie medallists live.

Sunrise’s Panel of Champions, including Australia’s foremost Olympic and Commonwealth Games gold medallists Anna Meares, Leisel Jones, Lisa Curry, Jana Pittman, Sharelle McMahon, Matthew Mitcham and Ian Thorpe, will provide expert analysis and commentary.

Sunrise will host a beach breakfast BBQ for viewers every morning for the duration of the Games, with special prizes each day. And which Aussie athlete will take out gold in the inaugural Sunrise Beach Dash?

Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell, said: “Seven is the home of the Commonwealth Games and the day begins at Sunrise. We’re excited to bring all the action to our viewers each morning, LIVE from our purpose-built studio at Broadbeach.”

Weekend Sunrise will also broadcast LIVE from Broadbeach during the Games.

Wake up with gold from the Games with Sunrise from Wednesday 4 April, LIVE from 5.30am AEST weekdays on Seven, 7Plus and the 7CommsGames app.

“Ten days on the Gold Coast? Yes, please! We’re so excited to bring you all the action and fun from the Games.”

Samantha Armytage

“Sun, sand, surf and sport. Can you get a better combination? We’ve been counting down to this for months. It’s going to be so much fun!”

David Koch

“I can’t believe we get to report from one of Australia’s best beaches for 10 days! The swimming and netball are my first stops.”

Natalie Barr

“From the moment the Games were announced, we knew they would be magnificent. Now they’re here! So many great moments ahead.”

Mark Beretta

“We have secured the best broadcast location on the Gold Coast, we get to start every morning on the beach, with our medallists and their friends and family.”

Edwina Bartholomew

“As a child I dreamt of representing my country in Table Tennis. That’s yet to happen, primarily due to lack of talent. But I’m delighted to experience the next best thing – reporting from the Table Tennis as a TV weatherman.”

Sam Mac

4 Likes

The set that they’ll be using for the next two weeks.

9 Likes

Looks small and tacky IMO…

6 Likes

If those curtains and boxes are a part of the set…I really don’t know what to say.

1 Like

It would be awesome to see a “Wake Up” style set that made the amazing beach location pop. But knowing Seven’s calibre of set design in Queensland…

6 Likes

I imagine they wouldn’t actually show them in the shots they use of the studio. I think the camera is designed to face straight all the time, focusing on the spectacular view of the Gold Coast outside, which is very impressive from what I can see here. They picked a good location for the set to be built.

1 Like

The only positive being the backdrop really, all looks pretty ordinary.

5 Likes

Be good to see the full product Wednesday

1 Like

Feels like Pell was a little trigger happy instead of waiting for the set to actually be finished.

3 Likes

People whinge when they don’t know what’s going on and they whinge when they get a sneak peek, which is incomplete. There’s just no satisfying some people.

14 Likes

Exactly right, couldn’t agree more!!

You are just a bundle of laughs this weekend aren’t you.

I do my best, under trying conditions. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I know the cardboard boxes and stuff won’t be there when Sunrise’s GC2018 studio/set is in full use, but personally I hope it looks considerably better on-air.

:tipping_hand_man:t3:

9 Likes

It really doesn’t look that bad. The top half of the desk looks like it will be lit up and the view will be spectacular.

Certainly no worse than what NBC Today uses for these big events.

3 Likes