Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Graphics won’t change, I think we have them for quite some time!

2 Likes

They’re going around Australia next week for their 15th year

Mon - Sydney Cruise Ship
Tue - Plam Cove
Wed - Sea World GC
Thu - Adelaide’s Riverbank Footbridge
Fri - Uluru

9 Likes

They just refuse to visit WA don’t they.

I know it’s awkward with the time difference.

But they’ve been to the US more times than Perth I reckon.

5 Likes

The time difference works for America but if they did it in WA, it would be done in the dark.

6 Likes

They could get the Perth Sunrise news team to go around WA then. That way parts of the show will be live around parts of WA.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Sunrise celebrates 15 years with Aussie tour

Monday 27 November, LIVE from 5.30am all week on Seven

Australia’s favourite breakfast show is hitting the road to thank viewers

Next week Sunrise is going on tour around Australia to celebrate its milestone 15th anniversary, visiting some of the country’s most iconic locations.

Kicking off from Monday, join Kochie, Sam, Nat, Beretts, Eddy and Sam Mac for Sunrise aboard the Carnival Legend cruise ship docked in Sydney Harbour.

On Tuesday, Sunrise heads to Palm Cove in Tropical North Queensland, where they’ll introduce you to some of the locals and show you how best to explore this breathtaking part of Australia.

Everyone is welcome to Sea World on the Gold Coast on Wednesday. Sunrise has organised free entry into the world-famous park for all viewers. Back at Brekky Central, Eddy and Sam Mac will be rolling out the red carpet for Rebel Wilson and the cast of Pitch Perfect 3.

Sunrise heads to South Australia on Thursday and viewers can come along to meet the team on Adelaide’s Riverbank Footbridge. Sam Mac will be exploring the Wirra Wirra winery in McLaren Vale, one of the best wine regions in the world.

Then on Friday join the team for the most spectacular sunrise over one of the most special places in Australia – Uluru.

Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell, said: “I’m proud of the Sunrise team for producing 15 years of compelling television. But this milestone is more about the viewers than about us. It’s their show and this is their anniversary. Here’s to the next 15 years.”

Co-host David Koch, who is celebrating 15 years with Sunrise, said: “When you think back to where we were 15 years ago, and what we’ve achieved since, it’s remarkable. From covering major news events and helping cancer research and organ donation, to staging international music concerts and climbing mountains; there is no television show like Sunrise and it’s a privilege to be part of it.”

Samantha Armytage added: “I can’t wait to get out on the road and celebrate 15 years of Sunrise. We want to catch up with as many of our viewers as possible and we hope you can join us for the fun.”

5 Likes

5 Likes

And while we’re on it… Another big win to Sunrise yesterday.

1 Like

Surely I can’t be the only one who would’ve liked to see Sunrise do some of their OBs in more interesting locations than a cruise ship docked in Sydney Harbour (which will probably end up being one big ad for Carnival) and a Gold Coast theme park?

Then there’s the question of whether Sunrise has actually been around for 15 years. While it was probably in 2002 (or around that time) that the program started to evolve into what it is now, I thought Sunrise existed as a standard morning news bulletin as far back as 2000 or 2001!

1 Like

The only way they could really do an OB from somewhere in WA would be for them to start at 5:30am AEDT (2:30am WA) as per normal, broadcast to all other states as per normal, but have WA join the bulletin live at 8:30am AEDT (5:30am WA) rather than on delay, then continuing on live in WA from 9am AEDT (6am WA) right through until 9am WA time.

It’s just not feasible.

2 Likes

Id have preferred they did the States again. Probably not good timing currently though.

1 Like

I’m shocked Luke hasn’t spoken up yet about the fact that the tour doesn’t include a visit to Melbourne!

In all seriousness, unless Sunrise’s thinking is they just did a OB from Melbourne for the AFL Grand Final - it does seem like a glaring omission

2 Likes

I always wonder too why Kochie & Sam are never allowed to stay in Perth for the end of the Telethon and then do an OB of Sunrise from Perth the following morning. After all they were happy to do it the morning after the Logies in Melbourne in the past etc. Surely they can work around the time difference somehow!!

The darkness shouldn’t be a problem; they did the whole show in the dark once in Dubai…

What’s the point of being there in the dark? They may as well be back in the studio or in a broom cupboard. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Well why did they broadcast from Dubai in the dark and no one complain about this??

But why is it so important to broadcast from Perth in the dark? What’s the benefit?

1 Like

They did back in 2007

8 Likes

Sunrise should broadcasting from Sunny Perth instead of the Eastern seaboard

2 Likes

While I can understand if Perth viewers are feeling left out by rarely/never having OBs of Sunrise (or Today…or almost any TV produced for a national audience) in their state, at the same time it has to be said that TV is a visual medium.

As it’s already been said, having pitch black on location somewhere in WA for basically the entire show doesn’t make for good TV and I’m not sure what the point would be to present Sunrise from the Perth news set when it’d probably look better from the usual studio in Sydney.

4 Likes