Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Exactly I’m not sure why people likes picking on Sunrise while everyone is fine with Today doing the same thing at times.

1 Like

What happened exactly? Are you talking about Sam Mac segregating a child with allergies?

Yes iam. And there was major backlash on Facebook about it esp people with allergies and allergies to eggs . And I for 1 are with them on this one it was a immature stunt and poorly thought out.

Kochie is returning from holidays on Monday.

3 Likes

Big ratings (and win) for Sunrise yesterday, capping off a good week for them.

Perhaps presenter changes work in their favour?

4 Likes

Matt Doran co-hosting with Alex Hart on news.

2 Likes

Matt Doran is filling in for Andrew O’Keefe this morning and Alex Hart is presenting news

6 Likes

The rumours about Kochie’s future on Sunrise are swirling as he negotiates a new contract.

8 Likes

Koch leaving Sunrise will impact both parties. TBH, Koch won’t get another on-air role for Seven News (maybe as a Finance Editor) and, without the publicity, the popularity of his AFL and financing career will, therefore, suffer.

Sunrise, as I mentioned about a week ago, would be stupid to push Koch out. On the days I checked, Sunrise had substantial daily wins last week, on Koch’s return ( reaching over 300,000 on some days and more than 40,000 ahead on Monday). And, the last time they changed the line-up, last year, the ratings suffered. Probably not a wise move not to accept his four-day contract.

The article mentions that Basil Zemplis, Michael User and Matt Doran are tipped as replacements, however, I think Mike Amor should be thrown into the mix (you never know, he might want to return to Australia). Interesting that Andrew O’Keefe was away again today.

4 Likes

As great as it would be for Matt Doran to get a permanent role, I’m secretly hoping that he doesn’t so that he can be lured back to Ten at some point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Although this would be great, I personally don’t think Baz will take up the position. Because his AFL commitments will get in the way, having to wake up during the week at 3am then commentate the AFL on the weekend allows for no balance between work and life. Plus he is too well liked in WA and everyone would miss him on the news.

7 Likes

Sydney is one market where Today is consistently in front of Sunrise. Would someone more linked with AFL audiences be a good choice?

This week Sunrise averaged over 300,000 with four of the five days rating +300k. It is the first time that either breakfast show had done so since the first week of June. It is also (apart from Melbourne Cup day last week) the first time since June that either show has had any of its week day editions rate over 300,000.

5 Likes

Short answer: no.

Aside from the few people who watch the AFL coverage on 7mate and/or who’ve moved over here from Perth in recent years, I don’t think anyone in Sydney would even know who Bazil Zempilas is!

Although aside from Sunrise being consistently ahead of Today in the ratings, I think Sydney is the one market where Nine is consistently ahead of Seven in the ratings overall. Additional cases in point: 6pm news, primetime…

2 Likes

Kochie will get his contract, Seven will cave, he’s too vital.

Fridays will rotate between the aforementioned three.

Case closed IMO.

(Zempilas is too important for Seven News Perth and the AFL, let alone his whole family in WA, so no. Michael Usher I doubt it. Matt Doran just started at Sunday Night, where he belongs and excells).

Typical media trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill!

You don’t give Sydney-siders much observant credit do you?

Olympics since 2000?

Plus many other appearances.

Many would at least know the name.

2 Likes

Or Melbournians.

Agreed that Basil wouldn’t fit on Sunrise, think he barely fits on the AFL coverage myself (but that’s a whole other story). Would like to see Matt Doran in, but I can’t see that happening full time.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Sam is doing entertainment Monday and Tuesday this week.

3 Likes

4 Likes

A major announcement this morning, that “you will be happy about.” Two likely options:

1. They are “expanding the family” and welcoming Matt Doran to the team on Fridays.
  2. They are going on a week of OBs.
7 Likes
  1. They’re changing the awful graphics. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
3 Likes