Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Unfortunately OzTAM does not let MediaSpy post ratings fro programs outside the top 20 unless included in an article. The ratings number will be placed in today’s ratings article and then posted here.

Ratings number now in today’s ratings article.

Well deserved… and up against new episodes of ‘Today Extra’ and ‘The Morning Show’ is quite an achievement.

I really do think Ten should be investing in a Morning News bulletin, to follow Studio 10 at 11.00am.

3 Likes

No Morning Show yesterday - Superbowl

3 Likes

It’s still a good result for the show.

Well deserved. The show has really found its groove.
It doesn’t matter who is in the host’s seat, the show still flows smoothly. The balance between serious content and light entertainment is spot on. Hopefully the show continues to grow.

2 Likes

[quote=“blackbox, post:193, topic:97, full:true”]
Great ratings result for us yesterday with 117,000 - our biggest ever result.
[/quote] Congrats, well deserved. I actually would have congratulated you earlier, except I didn’t realise how close you were behind TODAY Extra[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:196, topic:97, full:true”]
No Morning Show yesterday - Superbowl
[/quote]. Unfortunatley that would play a factor. Will be interesting in the next couple of days to see the new ratings for the year for TMS vs. TODAY Extra vs. Studio 10.

1 Like

I rarely get to watch this show due to being at work. My 30min meal break is at 8:30 and today I managed to have Studio 10 on as I was the first in the lunch room. I have to say I was kind of disappointed. In the 25mins or so I actually saw, there were two long infomercials, and both times someone said “why are we watching this crap, can we change to one of the others?” I know the infomercials pay for the program, but surely playing them while the other two aren’t isn’t helping the early part of the show?

that they get their informercials out the way fast. I feel other networks have more infomercials then Ten. Did they realise they won’t on air but only 2 were. The others I have zilch interest in as they all have is infomercials after another and also the news is too repetitive.

Which other two? At 830am Today Extra and the Morning Show haven’t started so it is the ideal time to play the longer infomercials to get them out of the way.

1 Like

@Travis good choice having Anjali hosting Thurs/Fri while Sarah is on maternity leave.

Not sure what’s going on this morning but in Brisbane the show paused for about 20 seconds before the 9:30 portion of the show and when it returned we’ve got weather for Adelaide, Cessnock, Geraldton, Perth, Alice Springs etc. Very strange

Also with the Angie Bowie interview, I assume it was all pre-recorded last week when Anjali was hosting given all the snippets that have been shared in previews & promos - why try and fool viewers into thinking its live this morning showing the live bug at the first cross to her and presenting it as such with only Jess, Joe & Anjali on the couch? There was a blank screen for a couple of seconds also where they were presumable cutting between ‘live’ questions and prerecorded answers. Also Jono said it was an exclusive interview, but I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere else during promos or strap on the graphics?

With Anjali hosting today, The modified opener with Anjali was used but they removed Tarsh from it, only showing the main 5 hosts.

1 Like

I also think I saw a modified end graphic with all of the hosts where the image of Tarsh was replaced with Robbo.

Anjali was also called special guest host in opener same as last week.

Yes but this week it was “With Ita, Joe, Jess, Sarah, Denise and Guest Host Anjali Rao”, whereas last week it was “With Ita, Joe, Jess, Sarah, Tarsh and Denise. Plus Guest Host Anjali Rao”

@Travis yes spotted that Tarsh wasn’t included this morning.

We never said the interview was live. In fact, as you point out, we shared a clip with news sites ahead of its airing. And there was no live bug that I’m aware of.

Yeah, with Tarsh going back to 3 days per week due to weekend news, I’m not sure it makes sense to have her in the opener when she’s not there as she fills in for Sarah, but today Anjali was filling in for Sarah.

3 Likes

It just felt waaaaaaay too long.

3 Likes

I know nobody said it was live, I was pointing out that it was perceived to viewers as if it was live which it clearly wasn’t. I know it’s traditional practice to do this in the news/current affairs within a few hours of it being filmed but from a viewers perspective I didn’t like it personally, given that it had been nearly a week since being filmed. Just some constructive feedback.

Also, a link to the studio 10 Twitter account with a GIF showing the live bug was used -https://twitter.com/studio10au/status/697561831439626240