Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Not sure what’s going on this morning but in Brisbane the show paused for about 20 seconds before the 9:30 portion of the show and when it returned we’ve got weather for Adelaide, Cessnock, Geraldton, Perth, Alice Springs etc. Very strange

Also with the Angie Bowie interview, I assume it was all pre-recorded last week when Anjali was hosting given all the snippets that have been shared in previews & promos - why try and fool viewers into thinking its live this morning showing the live bug at the first cross to her and presenting it as such with only Jess, Joe & Anjali on the couch? There was a blank screen for a couple of seconds also where they were presumable cutting between ‘live’ questions and prerecorded answers. Also Jono said it was an exclusive interview, but I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere else during promos or strap on the graphics?

With Anjali hosting today, The modified opener with Anjali was used but they removed Tarsh from it, only showing the main 5 hosts.

1 Like

I also think I saw a modified end graphic with all of the hosts where the image of Tarsh was replaced with Robbo.

Anjali was also called special guest host in opener same as last week.

Yes but this week it was “With Ita, Joe, Jess, Sarah, Denise and Guest Host Anjali Rao”, whereas last week it was “With Ita, Joe, Jess, Sarah, Tarsh and Denise. Plus Guest Host Anjali Rao”

@Travis yes spotted that Tarsh wasn’t included this morning.

We never said the interview was live. In fact, as you point out, we shared a clip with news sites ahead of its airing. And there was no live bug that I’m aware of.

Yeah, with Tarsh going back to 3 days per week due to weekend news, I’m not sure it makes sense to have her in the opener when she’s not there as she fills in for Sarah, but today Anjali was filling in for Sarah.

3 Likes

It just felt waaaaaaay too long.

3 Likes

I know nobody said it was live, I was pointing out that it was perceived to viewers as if it was live which it clearly wasn’t. I know it’s traditional practice to do this in the news/current affairs within a few hours of it being filmed but from a viewers perspective I didn’t like it personally, given that it had been nearly a week since being filmed. Just some constructive feedback.

Also, a link to the studio 10 Twitter account with a GIF showing the live bug was used -https://twitter.com/studio10au/status/697561831439626240

Fair enough. By releasing a clip early and using footage from the interview in the teasers I certainly wasn’t trying to hide it, but I take your point.

1 Like

I didn’t know this happened, a stuff up and I will talk to the people involved.

4 Likes

Mistakes happen, at least you admit it!

3 Likes

Absolutely love Anjali hosting. Such a fabulous presenter.

3 Likes

[quote=“Mischievous1, post:217, topic:97, full:true”]
Absolutely love Anjali hosting. Such a fabulous presenter.
[/quote]Agreed Anjali has fitted into the hosting role really well on the show as l thought she would.
Whether it’s Tarsh or Anjali in the driver’s seat this show still flows along marvellously.
But that’s not to say Sarah isn’t greatly missed but it’s just great you have the best back-up team with Tarsh and Anjali.

On yesterday’s show that article about labelling the ladies of Sunrise especially Sam Armytage a ‘bimbo’ was discussed during a hot topic. The panel wholeheartedly agreed this type of treatment is unacceptable.
Good on you Rob to highlight this current issue on your show :+1:.

2 Likes

Great exclusive for Studio 10 tomorrow with Ita’s interview which was even covered in the 5pm news, but wondering why the promo for the show calls it a ‘Studio 10 Bombshell’ (which sounds tacky IMO) and the vision used during the news had a studio 10 exclusive watermark? Just seems inconsistent and a wasted opportunity to promote the story as being exclusive.

1 Like

Ita’s interview with…???

Fair enough re the bombshell line but I’m confused why having the Studio 10 exclusive bug was an issue? It is our story and we released grabs to the news.

1 Like

Charlie Teo… this link explains all.

https://www.facebook.com/Studio10au/videos/vb.333357666798151/762147817252465/?type=2&theater

1 Like