Studio 10 (2015-2020)

[quote=“killy06, post:163, topic:97”]
One minute you’re praising Rob, the next you’re telling him how to run his own show? Go figure. Take it for what it is, you’re looking into it too much as usual. It’s meant to be a bit of fun & dig at the other networks in Studio 10 style.
[/quote] I will still praise @blackbox and Studio 10 generally but if I don’t like something done, I have the right to express it, and that is what a forum Is for- to discuss.[quote=“killy06, post:163, topic:97”]
Viewers are making the switch because they’ve found a better alternative, not as a result of Studio 10 directly poaching viewers. They’re only guilty of making some seriously good TV.
[/quote] My post where I said,…[quote=“nationalnews, post:159, topic:97”]
… Is it because you are trying to get viewers from The Morning Show, could it?
[/quote] was a dig at the promo. Change is inevitable and every show will change from time to time. Sunrise isn’t changing sets because Today is, Eddy said when she began weather duties she won’t let what happened to Grant happen to her so as she rightly deserves will move to the studio- none of that has anything to do with Studio 10.

However, the TODAY Extra rebranded is happening because Mornings are threatened by Studio 10 and pondering the strength if TMS. Changing the name is an attempt to deceive viewers that Today is still on air.

[quote=“killy06, post:163, topic:97”]
Rob has never shyed away from letting the panel talk about the other shows or their hosts when there are changes or controversy surrounding them etc. When do you ever see the others doing that? They don’t.
[/quote] Are you referring to Jessica Rowe and her time on Nine? Well that is different. However, I thought the promo about Studio 10 being first LIVE in Western Australia not Today Perth News was a joke. Today weren’t saying who came up with the idea but they were first to be live for Perth in the morning at 7am.

If Studio 10 gets new graphics, it’s a wonderful change.

If Today and Sunrise do the same… they’re displaying nervousness toward a show which doesn’t even air in the same timeslot?

Sorry. Doesn’t make sense.

4 Likes

Take a joke peeps.

2 Likes

Why would Nine or Seven for that matter be threatened by Studio 10? When Mornings (and correct me if I am wrong here) were regularly beating TMS towards the end of of last year? Competition is great for viewers, and for 9 and 7 to overhaul everything for just one reason seems a little bit far fetched.

As a fan of Studio 10 from day one… I’m sure that promo (as great as it is) was just tongue in cheek.

2 Likes

Did anyone catch the gag with Denise coming in late this morning? Was classic! Unfortunately no video is online :frowning:

EDIT: This video has the intro and “Where’s Denise?” http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/studio-10/extra/season-2016/27-jan--sam-wood-intro

1 Like

God I love this show. If you want a laugh, watch from 1:55 and then look out for Tash loosing it at 2.25.
SO GOOD!

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/studio-10/extra/season-2016/27-jan--nude-statues-censored

1 Like

Agreed! Did you see Denise’s arrival today? she was “hungover” from Australia Day and it was hilarious!

1 Like

[quote=“Travis, post:168, topic:97”]
Did anyone catch the gag with Denise coming in late this morning? Was classic! Unfortunately no video is online :frowning:

EDIT: This video has the intro and “Where’s Denise?”
[/quote] Very good. @blackbox, is this how Ita/Denise’s roster is:
1 week) Mon-Tues: Ita Wednesday-Friday: Denise
2 week ) Monday-Wednesday: Denise Thur-Fri: Ita
3 week ) Mon-Tues: Ita Wednesday-Friday: Denise and so on?

[quote=“talkingtelevision, post:167, topic:97”]
Why would Nine … be threatened by Studio 10?
[/quote] For at least 8 months of last year, in the minute to minutes as Rob has addressed here, Studio 10 has beaten Mornings on many occasions and on a whole has decreased the gap.[quote=“talkingtelevision, post:167, topic:97”]
When Mornings (and correct me if I am wrong here) were regularly beating TMS towards the end of last year?
[/quote] Yes they were, during the summer but. Very rarely does Mornings beat TMS during ratings period, only usually because Today has flogged Sunrise. Nine would want to be number 1, so has done everything from axing Kerri-Anne, introduced Mornings, new set, new promo, more serious agenda, extending the sho to 11.30…[quote=“talkingtelevision, post:167, topic:97”]
As a fan of Studio 10 from day one… I’m sure that promo (as great as it is) was just tongue in cheek.
[/quote] I am sure it was. Studio 10’s viewer feedback promos are great from " I which I changed sooner…" (me too) to " I am a convert". I am all for a joke, however I feel this went a little too far. Just my opinion.

If you really wanted to take a dig at Seven/Nine in the On-Air Promotion for Studio 10, why not take a dig at the often very similar content of both mid-morning programs on those two networks rather than the fact that they’re relaunching?

IMO, Studio 10’s strong points are the considerably broader range of content/guests/topics discussed compared to it’s rivals (a lot of which would never see the light of day on The Morning Show or Mornings/Today Extra) and their hosts, promote that instead!

3 Likes

I’m watching the show this morning on TV but was testing out the live stream, interestingly we just lost the weather/time ticker here in Brisbane and the TEN watermark is not in line with the super - yet both appear correctly on the live stream? Go figure.

Live stream:

TV:

Doesn’t it look so much better? :wink:

The show is celebrating 1977 tomorrow, here’s a picture of the set for the show that @blackbox just uploaded to Instagram:

3 Likes

Should be interesting

2 Likes

Show started with a 1970s MacArthur Park TEN-10 Sydney ident

1 Like

Enjoying the 1977 special repeated this morning. Noticed Denise and Ronnie Burns mention the 60s during this.

We’ve had the 1988 special so I think there needs to be a 1966 special next when Denise and Ita are both on the show. It might be before my time ut I would still enjoy seeing that too. A 1999 special some time down the track would be good too.

2 Likes

I like being able to catch up on the weekend, but it would be great to see them still film new intro/closes for the weekend shows with a couple of different new segments mixed in between weekday highlights.

1 Like

IIRC, they were doing this when they started doing weekend highlights but unfortunately it was dropped. At one stage even Jono and Robbo did them.

1 Like

It was a great show - loved Denise’s Coffee Mate advert and some of the other old TVCs - it was the decade of the commercial jingle.

1 Like

Coffee Mate looks absolutely vile.

Here is a goof tape from the same ad:

YouTube: HarryManCam

1 Like