Studio 10

I’m sure 9, 7 or even the ABC would take the contract as an extra source of revenue. Ten have given up on News, let’s just give it over and focus on primetime.

keep in mind that ITN is 40% owned by ITV plc, they’re still a separate company from ITV, so it’s not a fair comparison to say “another network can provide the news for 10”. I don’t think Nine/Seven would be that inclined, even if it’s an extra revenue source to provide news services to 10.

Sky would probably be the only network inclined to do it, but I’d rather that not happen - we don’t need more Murdoch influence on our media.

2 Likes

Such an arrangement may also have implications over one news outlet having editorial control over another channel’s output. Doesn’t seem to be an issue in radio where news bulletins are often syndicated to rival operators in the same market, but it would be interesting to know how it would apply in television.

2 Likes

Better off making the show 12pm - 2pm. After the others have finished… 10am is a weird time to tune in and switch over from TMS or TE to STUDIO10.

Give it six months and Studio 10 will be completely gone. Having your program scaled back is never a good sign.

2 Likes

It was scaled back when they went from 5 hosts to two. As long as they have advertisers willing to put infomercials on the show, they will keep going.

3 Likes

They might as well put cartoons on as it’s an alternative to the others for kids and then the channel is already tuned into 10 for ratings

You can’t put advertorials in “cartoons” as JBar said, as long as they pay, the show will be on. That’s partly the reason why The Circle ended, off the back of the controversies advertisers started pulling money.

4 Likes

If kids want to watch cartoons they can switch over to ABC Me.

Or the ABC Kids. Or the other streaming services

1 Like

With that attitude you could say if they want Midday News then they can watch ABC NEWS and if they want watch infotainment they can watch The Morning Show and Today Extra.

I agree it doesn’t make a lot of sense to replace Studio 10 with cartoons because there are only young children at home at that time. But early in the mornings before school, you could grab a bigger audience if the shows had wide appeal.

Studio 10 has a place beside those shows just like Midday News First could have too. And so could younger skewing shows in the early morning.

1 Like

Do you remember that mess? They axed The Circle in favour of “Breakfast”, that rated far less. I recall Breakfast having to carry the advertorials due to contract reasons with the Network. 2012 was a disaster.

Isn’t B&B one of Ten’s consistently highest rated shows?
Surely it will bring in the right demo

2 Likes

Isn’t that happening now? Except this time is due to extreme low ratings.

This is the closest Channel 10 got to a Christmas Party.

2 Likes

It isn’t, but at the same time 3.5 hours a day probably isn’t sustainable, either. Going down to two hours might lead to a tighter production with less padding.

4 Likes

Studio 10 actually had their own Xmas party.

Jess was back this morning to host the show with Tristan.
Yesterday (Tuesday) Sarah hosted the show with Tristan.

1 Like

And tomorrow its a mystery

OK. Don’t tell us and spoil it. :joy:

2 Likes