Studio 10

Studio 10 reportedly been cut to just 10am-12pm, with a new midday bulletin following it fronted by Narelda Jacobs.

12 Likes

Great move for the show. Hopefully they can fill it with more meaningful content. As I mentioned in the 10 News thread, it begs the question what will run beforehand and if they have other plans, or just reruns.

5 Likes

What will replace the 8:00hr?

1 Like

Not a good move. They already cut their news at 5pm and now the morning shows.

3.5 hours is too long for a morning talk show (The Morning Show and Today Extra each goes for around 2 hours 15 minutes, considering the late finish of their respective lead-in). Two hour duration seems more decent.

4 Likes

Biggest problem now is, finding suitable content to air 8-10am and how Studio 10 will be fronted and formatted come next year.

1 Like

Dr Phil is now out from the 12pm slot (with the news gling there). It can be moved to 9am?

As for Studio.10, i think its a good.move, going down to 2 hours.the current 3.5hours is too long.

1 Like

Great news, but I think that they should run a half hour of news from 9:30 to 10.

They might as well contract out the morning news to 7 or 9 to produce and save even more money.

Not gonna happen.

1 Like

From Monday January 9 an uninspiring line-up is as follows:

8.00am – 8:30am Everyday Gourmet With Justine Schofield
8:30am – 9.00am Entertainment Tonight rpt
9.00am – 9:30am Judge Judy
9:30am – 10.00am The Bold and the Beautiful rpt
10.00am – 12.00pm Studio 10
12.00pm – 1.00pm 10 News First: Midday

If 10 is planning a new host announcement, it has not done so today, noting the presenters as Tristan MacManus, Angela Bishop, Narelda Jacobs and roving reporter, Daniel Doody.

2 Likes

All of this is trash.

6 Likes

Trash they own so it doesn’t cost much and will probably rate about the same.

Assuming Dr Phil moves to 1pm

4 Likes

I quite like this timeslot, especially the start time. Turn on 10 at 10am would become quite a catchy promo opportunity. The Circle initially was quite a success in the 10am-12pm slot so I think it’s got potential.

Could be a lot easier to get a studio audience in every day too - they should make this a priority to happen each day IMO.

1 Like

Two hours of telly is easier to manage for Ang with her Entertainment Editor gig on the side I suppose.

I don’t think that’s a great lead-in for Studio 10.

Perhaps Everyday Gourmet With Justine Schofield or Entertainment Tonight rpt would be better suited.

2 Likes

Any reason why they cant put Dr Phil in that slot?

Why not? They contract out the news in the UK and NZ. Ten should look at doing this.

When is the show finishing up for the year?

1 Like

But who other than Sky would take it on?