Studio 10

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks Narelda is just a little bit overrated.

2 Likes

And now all the original fours are gone now.
Joe, Sarah, Jess & Ita.
A new era will start next year.

With Sarah gone… I would take this as a new opportunity to launch a new show with a new name.

4 Likes

Makes you wonder how quick this opportunity happened. I noted in that announcement Tristan said “now we will have to shoot a new promo, that’s 5 hours of our lives we won’t get back”

3 Likes

Go back to 10s upfronts last month… the promos for Studio 10 and The Project are all out of date.

1 Like

I think my version of the show has been dead for a long time. I’m very happy for Sarah though

13 Likes

The name doesn’t matter, it all comes down to the concept and the content. You can’t just throw stuff at the wall and hope something sticks. What is the vision???

7 Likes

There isn’t any, it’s arguable the show doesn’t even have a format anymore

I think we all know that… but losing Sarah really has put the final nail in the coffin. A new show, a fresh start is the way to go in the mornings. The Studio 10 name is often laughed about in the industry now days.

4 Likes

I agree and that breaks my heart, especially considering what a player it had become.

14 Likes

You may or may not have been a nightmare to work with, but there’s no disputing that show was very well put together and thoughtfully produced.

7 Likes

I’m sure I was a nightmare to work with for some people… probably those who didn’t care about the product they were producing.

Having said that, I’ve mellowed a lot since then and learnt a lot of life lessons.

20 Likes

Certainly something I wouldn’t be promoting:

Just one of those things, often your weaknesses sometimes make your strengths better. I know that is the case with some of mine.

There’s been so much discussion about replacements on The Project, but what about Sarah’s replacement on Studio 10?

My guess is Tristan’s wife Tahyna. That would then be a selling point for the show that the hosts obviously have good chemistry being married.

That was discussed earlier on today. I think they’d be silly to do this. But nothing would surprise me with this show.

5 Likes

Obviously this would be pure speculation based on timing with everything but imagine if they put Lisa Wilkinson on studio 10

Wouldn’t surprise me if that was their plan given Tahyna was just on the show yesterday, but don’t think it’s the best way for the show moving forward.

They need to rethink the whole format, go back to what made the show different from its competitors and made it competitive and a real alternative - that’s what 10 should be.

I think they would also benefit from a better set. The rebranded news set doesn’t work imo.

Do they?