Studio 10

What’s better than one MacManus hosting?

being waterboarded

6 Likes

Didn’t the UK or Ireland have a husband and wife hosting pair for some morning show? Not sure if they’re still around.

2 Likes

The testcard.

Eammon Holmes and Ruth Langsford on ITV This Morning before Eammon Holmes went to GB News.

4 Likes

Richard and Judy are the most famous example.

2 Likes

Could be said about all morning TV shows.

1 Like

Family Affair.

Beau is “baby sitting”.

7 Likes

Just realised when the TV Tonight article said Tahyna MacManus (née Tozzi) that I remember her now from Blue Water High.

She was Perri.

1 Like

Beau Ryan was interviewed on Melbourne radio (Nova 100) this morning and lets just say Sam Pang (and the team) absolutely destroyed this show on air. One of the comments was ‘having a zombie audience’.

I felt Beau Ryan was left feeling a little awkward.

5 Likes

Aren’t Chrissie and Sam biting the hand that feeds them? Chrissie has just finished her role as a judge on The Masked Singer, while Sam is a regular on Have You Been Paying Attention?.

I don’t think 10 is going to sabotage successful shows because of Studio 10 jokes. Pang is probably looking forward to contract negotiations with 10.

Why are you taking this so seriously? Clearly 10 doesn’t care if their personalities take pot shots at Studio 10 for its poor quality. If anything it gives Studio 10 some free publicity that they otherwise wouldn’t get elsewhere.

18 Likes

HYBPA? have taken pot shots at Studio 10 for years now.

9 Likes

It’s also not internally produced. So he’s contracted to working Dog.

2 Likes

If they really want to give Studio 10 free publicity, either Sarah or Tristan should be invited to the radio show, or as a guest quizmaster on HYBPA.

I think you are completely missing (all of the) point(s) here…

6 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. 10 doesn’t care about Studio 10. The publicity comes from Chrissie and Sam taking the piss about them on a different platform and 10’s getting that for nothing.

And it seems 10 couldn’t care less about them taking pot shots at the show either otherwise we would’ve seen something happen by now.

1 Like

TBF most breakfast shows have a zombie audience. Nobody would choose to watch them if they were fully awake.

The question for Ten though is what is the alternative? Presumably 3-4 hours of Studio 10 a day goes a long way to meeting any Aussie quota requirements and as much as it’s not rating would something new be an even bigger risk. Fantastic if it works, but if it doesn’t they’re back to square one without the brand recognition that Studio 10 has at least. A new flop is harder to justify than a long running under performer.

Have to wonder if it might be worth giving it a try in the afternoons instead, but the commercial FTAs seems to like to compete head to head with similar shows rather than try complementary scheduling. Seven and Nine just rely on encores from midday so a live magazine format on Ten might perhaps find an audience from say 12-3pm. Of course they’d then have to find other content for the mornings - which would probably be their own encores and other displaced afternoon shows, but then they arguably become a genuine alternative to the 7/9 Morning Shows rather than just daytime filler.

How do 7/9/10 rate in the early afternoons? Is 10 as far behind in the afternoons as they are in the morning?

1 Like

10 is a lot more competitive in the afternoons - multiple times the audience for Studio 10. Dr Phil would get + 3 times the audience of Studio 10 then it increases after that. Yesterday, The Amazing Race encore was slightly ahead of the MKR encore and well ahead of The Block encore in the rankings (I realise not in the same timeslots) though this can vary a lot between days.

6 Likes

Looks like the ratings are down again. So down that they’re “TBA”.