Studio 10

It’s very different when Studio is about ten hours long. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Plus, the newsreader has been swapped over many times before with Doody and Narelda.

1 Like

Denise Drysdale revealed this morning that she had to undergo brain surgery. This comes after the news last year she was hospitalised with a nerve disorder.

3 Likes

That explains why she has struggled in recent appearances on the show.

6 Likes
2 Likes

If ratings are falling, surely this is a warning sign.

I’m surprised they didn’t ask Abbie Chatfield

They’ve been this way for years now.

6 Likes

Man this show is woeful, I tuned in last week just to see if it really was as bad as I remember it, and yes it was. What a waste of Sarah’s talents too, she should’ve stayed at 9 IMO.

1 Like

Stupid comment. The show had a fantastic run for 5/6 years. Can’t help that management destroyed the show.

6 Likes

Actually I agree with that. If she stayed at Nine she’d probably be the host of Weekend Today and regular Nine News fill in. Much better than anything at 10.

4 Likes

Good point :+1:

1 Like

The show was in its ‘prime’ when Sarah, Joe and Jess were on it. Given it’s trailed every year since the programs inception, it can’t be that fantastic compared to the competition in Today Extra and TMS.

3 Likes

It got very close towards the end of Rob’s run. I recall the show winning a few days.
It was a terrific show back then.

5 Likes

The trend showed studio 10 would have become a strong second. There were occasions where it even beat TMS in the 9.30 - 11 slot on some days. It was always going to be a build and by the end of 2017 it was neck-and-neck with TODAY EXTRA.

Given a few more years I believe it would have gotten to number one.

15 Likes

The show was so much better then and genuinely different from its competitors - a morning variety show with a hard news edge when it needed it. I genuinely miss the original program and am saddened at the potential poor management decisions meant was never realised.

13 Likes

The shows budget has also been greatly pulled back in recent years, which hasn’t helped.

1 Like

Beau Ryan co-hosting today.

1 Like

With his wife or mother?

9 Likes

Beau hosting with Stevie Jacobs, Ang Bishop on the couch too - strange pairing.

You’d think they would’ve paired Ang with one of them and then somebody filled in on entertainment.

This show feels like a hot mess :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Plus Doody. Appropriate graphic?

3 Likes