Studio 10

Third attempt at a new Breakfast show? People still desperate for 10 to be exactly the same as the other networks?

3 Likes

10’s got bigger problems than breakfast. Much bigger lol.

dinner?

3 Likes

CBSV’s own Channel5 for example doesn’t have a breakfast show, but it does have Jeremy Vine which is a panel discussion show that does very well as a morning show, so no a network doesn’t need a breakfast news show and can do other things.

And every other course.

2 Likes

C5 does well enough in the breakfast slot with Milkshake!, which is now the only regular childrens strand on weekdays on the traditional main channels. That said though kind of irrelevant to what 10 are doing.

How does Studio 10 hold up in the 8-9 hour compared to against the morning programmes later?

Not that well, I believe, which is why it should run from 9.30/10-12 instead.

2 Likes

Interesting BTS videos

From Matty J’s perspective:

General

1 Like

Monday 10 January-

Angela Bishop is back and hosting with Matty J.
Crossing during the show to Sarah Harris at her home in isolation.

Narelda Jacobs confirmed on her Instagram over the weekend that she has covid.
Daniel Doody at the Newsdesk again this week.

5 Likes

5 Likes

How they chose Matty J over Lachlan I will never know?!

5 Likes

Lachy probably has his own job to do. Hasn’t he been presenting Ten News?

4 Likes

I would even say Doody would be a better choice.

1 Like

You know they would have got Beau if they could. Lachy did the news all weekend

2 Likes

Lachy is better. I think Matty is better suited being a reporter instead of fill in host

Bit of a shaky start to the 11am news update which started about 10:58, Ang threw to Doody who seemed to be having issues, repeating his intro and then threw to a ‘live’ cross to Daniel Sutton for an update who seemed surprised and the camera work to start with was a little shaky.

Edit: I have the show on in the background whilst working from home and it’s so lifeless. It feels like the Ang show featuring a small amount of Matty J, she comes across as a bit insincere at times - much better interviewer.

They’re not really even alternating intro/outros so he’s just sitting there smiling most of the time, the Lachy & Matty duo was much better.

1 Like

Clips of this interview, where they broke the news to Suzanne that Bob Saget had passed, were shown during ET today.

She said in a later interview with ET that she was on “The Today Show”.

2 Likes

Narelda took over news reading this morning at 9.30

Doody is back roving.

9 Likes

Interesting that Narelda does it from 9:30am. Is it help with her staying late to present 10 News First Perth? What does Doody do after 9:30am? Switch to producer mode? Go out and do some live reports?

Seems like he could read the rest of the news but Narelda wants to keep a national profile.

He is roving

6 Likes