Studio 10

We’ve already been told they don’t discuss hard news anymore cause it affects advertisers.

1 Like

Where were we told that?

1 Like

1 Like

6 Likes

If panelists spouting their opinions is considered news these days, then sure, it was a news program…

1 Like

The show was “light news” I guess you could say.

Now it’s just boring fluff garbage.

1 Like

The show traditionally had a strong news focus, especially when major stories were breaking. I remember them anchoring hours of coverage for the Lindt Siege and doing special coverage for the last US election. Now it just seems a never ending array of Tik Tok videos and YouTube “sensations”.

5 Likes

This is what i was getting at when I first asked this yesterday. That’s why I found it odd that Studio 10 had no coverage whatsoever

There’s a substantial difference in importance between “The Lindt Cafe Siege” and a US presidential debate. There’s also difference between the show then and the now. One off events also don’t define the show - I don’t hear people complaining how this show isn’t as much of a Japanese Game Show as it used to be.

There’s no reason to believe they won’t touch on the US election when it actually happens this time, they may decide to do another special, who knows? But, especially in the hindsight of seeing the poo-fight of a debate, I don’t think it warranted any extra coverage outside of news updates.

They only ever really had discussions/hot topics around news items, but again, I would argue that’s opinion and not news coverage. They do pretty much the same thing now, just leaning towards more fluff than serious topics.

1 Like

I look back at many of Studio 10’s one off events, particularly when major news broke, as shows that defined what it stood for and showed the adaptability, and intelligence, of the panel. That was the beauty of the show when it worked properly. They could switch to serious breaking news when needed and then slot back into something that gave us a laugh. I guess underlying all this is that the show is not what it used to be, and that in my view is a move for the worse.

13 Likes

Thursday 1 October & Friday 2 October-

Natasha Exelby is presenting news updates from Melbourne.

3 Likes

I thought she might be used for Thursday and Friday shows.

2 Likes

5 Likes

The advertorial graphics on the set just remind me of Big W.

2 Likes

Exelby is the best, so glad she is still used on the show sometimes.

5 Likes

Different end to the show

6 Likes

Do we feel like Tristan has settled in at all after 3 weeks?

1 Like

Hmm well he hasn’t got worse? Still, every time I watch I get so sad imagining how good a Sarah and Tarsh duo would’ve been :disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

Tarsh and Sarah would have been excellent. I agree @channel10!

3 Likes

I actually reckon Tarsh and Sarah would’ve been a bad duo.

Simply because in the old S10 format Sarah acted as the host and moderator, and most of the time Tarsh filled in on the panel she was in the host and moderator role too.

I don’t think that two hosts/moderators would’ve worked well together, and it’s much better they’ve chosen for someone else to go alongside Sarah (but I still don’t think that person is Tristan).

2 Likes