Studio 10 (2015-2020)

No real value added to be honest. Most regular viewers won’t be watching again on the weekend for an extra 5 minutes of new footage. Most viewers would be ones that missed it during the week so it’s all new to them.

Yes - I remember that goof tape (still have a copy); it was broadcast on a Parkinson special on Ten in the early 80s. Also featured a few others like Jack Thompson doing a Claytons commercial while drunk, Maggie Tabberer swearing and Dame Edna. There was a blooper reel from John Wayne for Grosby Outlaws.

It wasn’t that bad. I remember having it at my Grandmother’s house back then. Wasn’t allowed to drink coffee at home but Granny would always allow us to have a cup and Pop would let me take a swig from his KB long neck (he told us KB stood for Kids Beer).

I don’t usually watch daytime TV but made a point of recording both Studio 10 retro specials. Always love to look back at the retro stuff and rediscover stuff from childhood I had forgotten about.

Seems as though after the start of the 9:30 portion of the show QLD viewers lose the weather ticker (state controlled as far as I know?) as I posted about previously. Also the TEN watermark goes back to its regular position so it sits out of line & higher than the supers. Is it happening elsewhere?

In other news, I’m looking forward to seeing Sarah and baby Paul on the show next week!

Anjali Rao hosting on Thursday & Friday this week.

2 Likes

Studio 10 next week:

3 Likes

With Natarsha Belling returning to Weekend News she will now host Studio 10 Monday -Wednesday.

1 Like

Assuming Anjali will host Thursday and Friday then

1 Like

It was lovely to see Sarah with her baby on this mornings show, she looked beautiful and so happy.I did read an article on the weekend that said Sarah would return to the show after Easter.

2 Likes

Great ratings result for us yesterday with 117,000 - our biggest ever result.

9 Likes

Unfortunately OzTAM does not let MediaSpy post ratings fro programs outside the top 20 unless included in an article. The ratings number will be placed in today’s ratings article and then posted here.

Ratings number now in today’s ratings article.

Well deserved… and up against new episodes of ‘Today Extra’ and ‘The Morning Show’ is quite an achievement.

I really do think Ten should be investing in a Morning News bulletin, to follow Studio 10 at 11.00am.

3 Likes

No Morning Show yesterday - Superbowl

3 Likes

It’s still a good result for the show.

Well deserved. The show has really found its groove.
It doesn’t matter who is in the host’s seat, the show still flows smoothly. The balance between serious content and light entertainment is spot on. Hopefully the show continues to grow.

2 Likes

[quote=“blackbox, post:193, topic:97, full:true”]
Great ratings result for us yesterday with 117,000 - our biggest ever result.
[/quote] Congrats, well deserved. I actually would have congratulated you earlier, except I didn’t realise how close you were behind TODAY Extra[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:196, topic:97, full:true”]
No Morning Show yesterday - Superbowl
[/quote]. Unfortunatley that would play a factor. Will be interesting in the next couple of days to see the new ratings for the year for TMS vs. TODAY Extra vs. Studio 10.

1 Like

I rarely get to watch this show due to being at work. My 30min meal break is at 8:30 and today I managed to have Studio 10 on as I was the first in the lunch room. I have to say I was kind of disappointed. In the 25mins or so I actually saw, there were two long infomercials, and both times someone said “why are we watching this crap, can we change to one of the others?” I know the infomercials pay for the program, but surely playing them while the other two aren’t isn’t helping the early part of the show?

that they get their informercials out the way fast. I feel other networks have more infomercials then Ten. Did they realise they won’t on air but only 2 were. The others I have zilch interest in as they all have is infomercials after another and also the news is too repetitive.

Which other two? At 830am Today Extra and the Morning Show haven’t started so it is the ideal time to play the longer infomercials to get them out of the way.

1 Like

@Travis good choice having Anjali hosting Thurs/Fri while Sarah is on maternity leave.