Streaming Apps

I wonder if CBS will do deals with Foxtel, Fetch and Telstra to put CBS All Access on their boxes, with separate subscriptions?

I guess it’s too soon to tell.

1 Like

Foxtel wouldn’t go for any such deal; others however…?

1 Like

They’ll pretty much have to if they want to be competitive. With so many people using their TVs (either through built in software or an add-on box) to watch Netflix and Stan, All Access wouldn’t be competing on a level playing field if they didn’t try to get their own app on these devices.
Provided CBS was willing to pay development costs, anyone already providing apps for Netflix and Stan could potentially be in breach of anti-competition laws if they didn’t extend CBS All Access the same courtesy.

2 Likes

I was thinking about this the other day, I would think that CBS’s development would be pretty much done and it shouldn’t take too much to integrate with other systems since they’re already established elsewhere and seem to have quite a polished product. So essentially, the hard development work is done and it’s the negotiations and testing left.

2 Likes

What is the correct way to get the streams from the Google Sheet into VLC? I’ve tried opening the URL as a network, but I just get:

Your input can’t be opened
VLC is unable to open the MRL ‘https://sydneyseven-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/263630/SYD1/20170828T131838%2Fmaster_1000%2F00013%2Fmaster_1000_01951.ts’. Check the log for details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Some international streams work, but most don’t.

1 Like

Three NZ works in VLC without AusIPTV.

1 Like

I have been trying to update the spreadsheet more but have been busy searching for more aussie streams :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How come I can’t access 7mate links on AUSIPTV

Sorry, the links have changed and I haven’t updated the links.

Here is the new version of AusIPTV with updated links:

3 Likes

Thanks for doing all of the work Mate it is very appreciated

1 Like

For Channel 31 I get

[cli][info] Found matching plugin hls for URL hlsvariant://http://removedlink.com/random.m3u8
error: Failed to parse playlist: Missing #EXTM3U header
Press any key to continue . . .

Edit: It seems it is happening for every stream.

I don’t know why it’s happening with all streams, but all community station links were down and needed changing. Also updated many streams in the international section.

Sorry for making a new version so soon after the previous version. I’ve tried to do as much as possible in this version to increase the length between this release and the next one.

1 Like

As far as I know Channel 7 is fully encrypted now :cry: and so is a few selected nine streams :cry:

Also it works :slight_smile: Good job!

1 Like

Interesting to see an Aussie front and centre on CBS All Access email marketing

1 Like

More criticism about the lack of Aussie content on Streaming services.

Apologies if this has been mentioned in another thread elsewhere, but I noticed during Seven’s Tennis coverage last night that they are offering HD streams of the Australian Open online via 7Tennis for $14.99 (this would obviously have content not on free to air).

Charging viewers for a streaming app for a sports event would have to be a free to air first?

Seven did it for the Rio Olympics.

2 Likes