Streaming Apps

While watching the stream of 1, I saw a promo for Wimbledon coverage on Duke (promoted as starting at 10pm local time) during 1 News Late.

I wonder if the stream for Duke is currently down because they don’t have the online rights for what’s airing now?

2 Likes

Duke is working in NZ, currently showing Wimbledon qualifying

2 Likes

Saw that,

It’s not unusual but when I was in the UK, I found that all of the 9 and 7 streams were blocked but not TV3.

1 Like

Just checked the feed it didn’t work but than I put vpn on and it works fine :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I had the previous version, worked ok although the Seven links didn’t work. Installed Streamlink (just the exe version) now if I go to run AusIPTV v4 as I usually do, the command box quickly pops up but disappears. I can’t figure out where I am going wrong :confused:

Tried restart, reinstall still nothing! Running Windows 10 tho.

Maybe I am missing something :confused:

I think the Channel 9 links have changed because now it says they cannot be played.

Just had a look, and am having no issues with the Channel 9 streams. What, more specifically is happening?
Make sure you have Streamlink and VLC or MPC installed.

NEW VERSION

AusIPTV Version 4.1

• Added ABC streams
  • Added ONE and ELEVEN streams for all regions, even though they hardly ever stream video.
  • Added a few more international streams
  • Added the ability to show the latest version of the program, making it easier to see if a new version is available.
  • Fixed a potential problem with 9Life streams

NOTE: Installation of this program is now required. If demand is high enough, it is possible to create a portable version for USBs

2 Likes

TVNZ Streams have Changed for Some Reason

Just had a look. They have not changed. They are now geoblocked. :frowning:

SBS VR

Untold Australia season two with world-first virtual reality project Inside Manus

Available now on the SBS VR app, Inside Manus gives Australians an insight into life on Manus Island through the personal experiences of three current detainees – Abdul Aziz Muhamat from Sudan, Imran Mohammad from Myanmar (Burma), and Amir Taghinia from Iran. Alongside first-hand audio recordings, the stories are brought to life by hand-drawn illustrations that recount scenes from behind the borders of Manus Island and of the detainees’ home countries and families.

John-Paul Marin, Manager, SBS Digital Creative Labs, said: “Through VR and 360° storytelling, SBS’s Untold Australia gives Australians a rare insight into personal experiences of diverse communities, immersing them in virtual worlds that drive an emotional connection and encourage a deeper understanding.”

The second season of Untold Australia continues with VR projects Every King Tide and A Thin Black Line, which will premiere in the coming months.

Every King Tide is a VR documentary telling the story of the people of Poruma, who are at risk of losing their homes, their livelihoods, their culture, and their connection to history and country. Poruma, a tiny island in the Torres Strait with a population of 200, is slowly being eroded and swallowed by the sea.

A Thin Black Line, directed by ATOM award-winner Douglas Watkin and with art by acclaimed Aboriginal artist Vernon Ah Kee, follows the story of a young Torres Strait Islander girl’s evacuation and separation from family during the 1942 Darwin bombings.

Untold Australia season two is co-funded by Screen Queensland, as part of an SBS and Screen Queensland initiative to provide increased opportunities for Queensland-based filmmakers and creatives.

Inside Manus is available as a 360° video on the SBS VR app on the Oculus Store for Samsung Gear VR, and the App Store and Google Play for Google Cardboard.

In a special partnership with the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF), audiences can also view Inside Manus as an interactive room-scale VR installation between 15 August and 18 August.

The SBS VR app is free to download and is available for Apple iOS and Google Android devices as well as on the Samsung Gear VR

Is anyone able to get the Seven streams to work in VLC (playing by ‘Open Network Stream’, inserting the link)?

I can get the Nine ones working, but not the Seven ones.

Thanks.

Same here.

Looks like they might have changed the URL here’s the current Sydney one: https://sydneyseven-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/263630-b/SYD1/master_1500.m3u8

1 Like

I think quite a few of the Seven ones changed, but I got updated links from the spreadsheet.

The links work fine in Kodi and on my phone, but not in VLC. I get this message with the Seven ones:
Capture

The only way to get them working in VLC is to use something like AusIPTV. But if you want to use VLC to record you’re going to run into video and audio sync problems. I use Tube Digger to record the Aussie streams and they turn out perfect.

Interesting … Optus mobile customers stream more than Telstra mobile customers. Probably because the main music apps are data free on most Optus plans, and some video apps are also data free.

Also probably because almost everyone who hasn’t yet moved into the smart phone age is with Telstra.

5 Likes

fyi there also some who cant get optus coz of there coverage so they have to stay with telstra :@