State/Territory Politics

The NSW state government has finally come to an agreement with Parramatta City Council to build a new swimming centre to replace the one that was demolished to make way for the new Parramatta Stadium aka Bankwest Stadium. The new swimming centre will be on part of the site of the former Parramatta golf course in the northern section of Parramatta Park at Mays Hill.

1 Like

NSW state Liberal Party leadership spill tomorrow.

1 Like

Please tell me that fool Andrew ā€œMcFerryFaceā€ Constance isnā€™t a leadership contenderā€¦

Itā€™s on.

1 Like

Wonā€™t get up.

Now been called off.

1 Like

Mr Andrewsā€™ new annual total salary will be $441,439.
In comparison, Prime Minister Scott Morrisonā€™s annual total salary is $549,250.

1 Like

Abortion has been effectively legal in NSW for many years. It will now be legal.

1 Like
1 Like

I feel something is odd when her electoral office near Blackburn railway station in Melbourneā€™s east is up for lease.

Gladys stunned:

Heā€™s labelled a reporter now? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: A familiar head from around here.

1 Like

Strip searching children is illegal. It already is banned and is only allowed under exceptional circumstances. The law doesnā€™t need to be changed, what we do need is for the NSW Police to abide by the law and stop strip searching children and to only do it in circumstances where it is required for the safety of the child and everyone else.

3 Likes

So is asking real, important questions now hijacking?
Media need to stop being lazy & corrupt, and instead go back to asking politicians tough questions and demanding answers. Democracy depends on it.

1 Like

This bogan get-together should have been cancelled. The ACT Government cancelled NYE celebrations, so this should have been canned.

1 Like

Agreed. Summernats burnouts arenā€™t particularly environmentally friendly!

A pity that Sydney didnā€™t, but we wonā€™t go there againā€¦

I suspect the same demographic that wanted to ban the latte sipping inner-city greeniesā€™ fireworks to donate the money already spent to the RFS would be the same sort of people attending Summernats (and of course resisting any kind of ban), with their ethanol fuelled (both the cars and the people), tyre smoking antics.

You know, the car profile pics you see on Facebookā€¦

That being said, I suspect attendance will be well down this year because of the fires.

2 Likes

ā€˜Inexcusableā€™: Holiday minister returns:

1 Like

Tasmanianā€™s Premier, Will Hodgman has announced his resignation

2 Likes