State/Territory Politics

Anyway back to the topic… I wonder if we will know what the results be tonight ? If there has been much early votes for Victoria, could tip in labor’s favour.

I believe early votes will be counted tonight as well

I’m not a Guy fan at all but isn’t that just his family?

Oh I didn’t realise that. Thanks for pointing out to me Chris.

Aside from a few interesting individual contests, the result playing out seems about as predicted. Small swing away from the ALP, minor parties increasing their share of the vote.

Hopefully this breaks the VIC Libs echo chamber and they finally realise that lurching further and
further to the right is never going to deliver them government in Victoria. Although with the results in Nepean I absolutely suspect they’re going to try and field as many former sportsmen and women as they can next time around…

4 Likes

What a relief for all of Victoria that the state continue to be a Labor stronghold and they haven’t been plunged into an extreme right wing regime.

They can continue to bask in the reforms of a progressive agenda.

If the Liberals continue to lurch further to the right and engage with religious extremists and white supremacists they’ll never win government again.

1 Like

If trends are anything of an indication Tasmania’s probably the only Liberal thing left by the end of the decade.

2 Likes

The libs down there are quite moderate compared to the nutcases elsewhere.

1 Like

Let’s not generalise all Victorian Liberals as being extremely bad, right wing, nutjobs etc. The majority are reasonable people.

1 Like

Yes reasonable people like Louise Staley, Georgie Crozier, Matthew Guy and Michael O’Brien :rofl:

Even as someone who’s got some conservative views I find the Liberals (on state and federal levels) extremely unpalatable policy and ideology-wise. Labor is much more in touch with relevancy and are more realistic and honest comparatively.

3 Likes

Come on mate, be logical. The majority of the party are not belonging to far right churches or holding extreme views. It’s a very small minority.

1 Like

You need to tell the Liberals/Nationals that. Maybe it might help them gain some support and win ‘unwinnable’ seats.

The fact that the ‘reasonable’ group are kowtowing to the extreme right’s echo chamber speaks a lot towards how far right they’ve lurched. They need to ignore those people who are extreme far right (they’re more likely to be UAP/ON voters anyway) and dissolve them into irrelevancy.

2 Likes

They are. They just hide it.

2 Likes

Who appear to have a unshakeable hold upon the party and have been content to destroy what was the jewel in the Liberal Party crown.

4 Likes

The Libs just need to wipe clean and start the whole thing over.

I think Raf sums it up

5 Likes

Several times before.

1 Like

FootyKick…. It’s clear from tonight, that the coalition are completely out of touch with Victorians. They need to change.

People have voted for Daniel Andrews to be back in power. It says a lot really doesn’t it.

1 Like

Not all bad news for the Libs tonight. Antony Green reports they’ve recorded a 6.6% swing in northwestern Victoria.

Let’s wait and see what happens in Mulgrave first. Only 7.5% of the vote has been counted with a 7% swing away from Dan. A long way to go.

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like