State/Territory Politics

His head is so far up his arse he could see through his nostrils.

3 Likes
1 Like

For the record, Sydney Kings beat JackJumpers 90-86 and can claim the NBL title in game 3 in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Northern Territory Chief Minister Michael Gunner has announced his resignation, saying his “head and heart are no longer in the job”.
Deputy Chief Minister Nicole Manison will serve as acting chief minister, with a new parliamentary Labor leader to be determined in coming days.

1 Like

I’m sure Pauline will be happy to hear about this:

1 Like

Natasha Fyles was promoted to NT chief minister on May 13, and revealed her cabinet this morning.

1 Like

Good riddance!

5 Likes

The Federal Court today ordered Google to pay $715,000 defamation damages to John Barilaro. Google and Jordan Shanks also face possible prosecution for contempt of court.

4 Likes
1 Like

So the NSW Govt has allocated $25 mil in the latest State Budget for 3 new flagpoles on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Do flagpoles REALLY cost that much? I was somewhat flabbergasted.

1 Like

While I suspect the actual cost will be considerably less than the $25m that has been budgeted, it’s not a simple task. The poles are three storeys (~20m) high and installed in a high-risk environment on a heritage asset - this is going to add complexity and cost.

Better on a project of this nature to over-estimate and deliver for well under the budget than the reverse

There’s been so many larger and more expensive projects that have gone the other way, been under costed and suffered blowouts, so I’ll be surprised if it’s been deliberately over costed.

1 Like

This should explain.

4 Likes

A tik tok video costs over 3 million? Inflation has really gone through the roof.

It usually costs a lot more but they’re using amateurs to keep the costs down. :joy:

1 Like