Stan Sport

Yeah, they were horrific with that in the later years of their coverage before ESPN, numerous times going to a replay of a match when then were tons of other matches going on.

4 Likes
1 Like

Stan has revealed the commentary team who will be taking the reigns for the UCI Road World Championships in Wollongong.

Simon Gerrans, Rochelle Gilmore and British cycling commentator Anthony McCrossan will form the commentary team for the world feed.

2 Likes
1 Like

More info on the three-day exhibition tennis tournament

2 Likes

It ilso listed as airing live on BeIn Sports

2 Likes
2 Likes

I understand Stan Sport will be showing next Friday’s (20th) Black Clash cricket game from NZ between Team Rugby/Team Cricket. It’s broadcast on TVNZ1 in NZ.

3 Likes

First time Stan Sport have broadcast Cricket.

3 Likes

Interesting - Fox Cricket + has a live Super Smash game at 4pm AEDT (6pm NZDT), but that day’s SS game is at 2pm AEDT…

https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/channel/FOX-SPORTS-503/FS3/2023/01/20/1714

(edit: I cocked up the timing, 4 rather then 6pm AEDT)

1 Like

Weird - I wondered if it was a change in schedule but has always been down for 2pm AEDT.

New Zealand Cricket don’t officially “sanction” the Black Clash.

1 Like

Wouldnt put it past Fox to have incorrect guide info

1 Like
4 Likes

Move to Stan

It doesn’t even get a serious commentary team to do it, so it’s certainly strange that their broadcast partner carries it.

Not really. It’s not meant to be serious. It’s a fun night out and fun game to watch. But NZC doesn’t play a role in it or release players to play.

1 Like

Looks like Stan Sport is increasing its monthly add on cost to $15 per month from 1 April:

3 Likes

$15 is pretty cheap still against Kayo who is at $30?? now??

That’s on top of the $10, $16, or $21 for the base subscription, depending on which tier you have.

9 Likes