Spreadsheet

I think Spreadsheet is supposed to be a double entendre but it’s not that obvious.

I think creating yet another female skewed television series and yet another television series about a divorced woman in the lead role, is probably going to be the turn off for most viewers. A lot of shows just looking the same: Frayed, The End, Amazing Grace.

Spreadsheet debuts on Paramount+ on October 27.

Spreadsheet. The New Aussie Comedy Series About Sex In The Suburbs.

Streaming Exclusively on Paramount+ From Wednesday, 27 October.

Can women really have it all? If by “all” we mean sexual freedom, a career, family and sanity? Well, one woman is about to give it a shot.

Meet Lauren. She’s freshly divorced, a mother-of-two, and is looking for sex without commitment.

With the help of her best friend, Alex, Lauren creates the “Spreadsheet” – a database of male options, customised to ensure her sushi train of sex rolls around with variety and order amidst the chaos of her life.

Starring Katherine Parkinson, Robbie Magasiva, Stephen Curry, Katrina Milosevic, Ryan Shelton and Kerry Armstrong, Spreadsheet , is the new Paramount+ original comedy series, about sex in the suburbs.

Screen Australia and Paramount+ proudly presents Spreadsheet in association with ITV Studios and Film Victoria. A Northern Pictures Production streaming exclusively on Paramount+ from 27 October.

Another series centred on a middle aged woman. You don’t even hear the star of the show speak.

Some familiar cast members but that promo looks really underwhelming. Lucky it’s on a streaming service. That would never on a regular channel.

Release moved forward by one week.

Meet Lauren. She Is Not Looking For Love!

Spreadsheet. Streaming Exclusively on Paramount+ From Wednesday, 20 October.

Spreadsheet is an eight-part comedy series that revolves around Lauren. Her life’s a little chaotic. Oh, and she’s having lots of casual sex.

Lauren’s already functioning at full capacity with a successful career as a lawyer, two wilfully disobedient but hilarious children and a slightly inept ex-husband. So how is she supposed to manage a slew of emotionally needy men as well? With a spreadsheet, that’s how.

Starring Katherine Parkinson, Rowan Witt, Robbie Magasiva, Stephen Curry, Katrina Milosevic, Ryan Shelton and Kerry Armstrong, Spreadsheet is the new Paramount+ original comedy series, about sex in the suburbs.

Spreadsheet is a Northern Pictures production for Paramount+. Major production investment from Screen Australia. Financed with support from Film Victoria with ITV Studios managing international sales.

A Northern Pictures Production streaming exclusively on Paramount+ from 20 October.

Very annoying watermark on Gogglebox tonight. What a turn off.

3 Likes

Reviews in, and it’s not amazing.

Might explain why they had trouble featuring great scenes for the promo??? If there are better scenes, they should seriously consider creating another promo because the one they are currently running is really awful.

The show started on TVNZ2 in New Zealand tonight and will air on Tuesdays.

Australia gets a raw deal on its own drama productions. We have to pay a streaming service to watch our own shows and overseas they have them on free to air.

And Australian dramas (like Doctor Doctor and Wentworth) somehow premiered overseas before Australia. It’s a joke. If an American or British drama premiered in Australia before their respective countries then I reckon many people wouldn’t be impressed either.

1 Like

Dexter is currently premiering here before the US.

Also the Power franchise premieres on Stan the day before the US too.

Bingeing/binging this with my 50% off paramount deal….and really loving it, has a bit of a Motherland feel to it, great performance by the 2 kids and nice to see some Wentworth actors tackle comedy. At 8 episodes of about 25 mins I want more.

It wasn’t bad, I watched the whole thing and it was bearable. Would probably watch a second season but it’s no Five Bedrooms.

Deadline reports Spreadsheet will be shown in Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s streaming platform CBC Gem, as part of a major scripted and non-scripted content deal between ITV Studios and the national broadcaster.

UPDATED:
Spreadsheet will premiere on Channel 4 on May 18 at 10pm, and then be available as a boxset on ad-supported streaming service All 4.

1 Like

I finally started watching this. What a hidden gem. I have really enjoyed it.

The series has received funding from Screen Australia for a second series.

Spreadsheet (S2)
Northern Pictures Pty Ltd
Genre: Comedy
Creators: Kala Ellis, Darren Ashton
Director: Darren Ashton
Writer: Kala Ellis
Executive Producer: Catherine Nebauer
Synopsis: Lauren continues to strive for her right to casual sex whilst juggling an ever increasing list of complications plus a brand new format for her Spreadsheet Version 2.0 (breaking news: it’s now an App). But just when she thinks she’s got it under control, she meets someone she might actually “like”. Uh-oh.

1 Like