Paramount+

As is Netflix! Paramount+ is lesser because of ongoing commercial arrangements with other providers. Ru Paul, Survivor etc. should be on 10play or Paramount+, just to name a couple. For the price of Paramount+ I believe they are doing a reasonable job. $8.95 per month including their football coverage is far, far better value than Stan’s $24!

It’s not that that is the issue, it’s the fact its missing key features which you should expect and last time I checked they weren’t in a commercial agreement.

2 Likes

It looks like Catfish episodes are now appearing on P+ first, they are now 3 episodes ahead of BINGE. I don’t know when this started, they were previously way behind.

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come with other VCBS shows.

2 Likes

Half the content would be on Foxtel would it not be? Foxtel, whether you hate it or not, have some of the biggest shows that CBS and Paramount in the US. So there will be always a major difference between the US and the Australian version. TO me it looks like its just a paint coat and its still the same Ten ALL Access garbage.

1 Like

yeah, they could if they enjoy going to court and putting their reputation on the line. It’s a bit more complicated then that. If you just talk about them copying the P+ software itself then I don’t see why they couldn’t do that but the content is a whole different story.

October

2 Likes

Some decent new content on the way.

Are the comedy specials new? Good to see more content for local audiences. I also would’ve thought Spreadsheet would’ve been an Original Series rather than Exclusive, good to have more Aussie drama airing soon.

Wonder if P+ will release this list of new shows to the platform publicly on their socials like other streamers do, seems they’ve been a bit hesitant since launch.

The new season of Blue Bloods will also be shown on 10 from October 7 at around 10.30pm Thursdays.

But apart from that, it seems that new seasons of NCIS: Los Angeles and Bull will stream on P+ first, and air on 10 at a later date.

That’s not a lot of new content, to be honest. Is that Sacha baron cohen special the same one as the one that was on Stan? Or is this a new session of that?

That’s just for next month, it may not be everything either and just a highlight of whats to come. What more do you expect?

Yes it is, there’s only been one season of it from 2018.

For a relatively new service it’s actually been churning through quite a lot of new content. You couldn’t possibly get through it all. I’ve got Stan, Netflix, Disney, P+ and foxtel and there is so much content that I want to watch it’s just impossible to get through it all. Not to mention the stuff I’m watching on SBS on demand and iView.

P+ is way better than All Access and after only a month and a half there is a good flow of product coming through.

That doesn’t forgive the technical issues with the app, logins and streaming on connected devices. That’s still atrocious and needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

On the comedy show question, I am guessing yes - The Lloyd Langford and Anne Edmonds one sounds like their Melbourne Comedy Festival from earlier this year.

2 Likes

I went to Anne and Lloyd’s and Celia’s shows that were filmed. The latter was in mid-May as Celia did not perform at the MICF.

Weird how they call Who is America new given it was on Stan and is 3 years old. It’s a new addition to their Showtime section i guess.

And with Spreadsheet, hopefully it will excel on P+ :laughing:

1 Like
1 Like

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but in terms of the Australian version being inferior in terms of functionality, another thing I’ve noticed is the availability.
P+ is available on PS4 and PS5 in the US, but the app isn’t an option here in Australia, I would have thought they would have made it available - at the very least to get the name out there.

3 Likes

An irritating misleading claim which others have been making too; when they make such claims they should at least have to say ‘new to streaming service name’.

1 Like

There’s Only One Madonna.

Madame X. Premieres Globally Friday, 8 October On Paramount+.

Madonna’s highly-anticipated documentary film, Madame X , is set to exclusively premiere Friday, 8 October on Paramount+.

In an unprecedented intimate streaming experience, the compelling film will showcase the exceptional performance from the pop icon in her awe-inspiring sold out tour show.

The new music experience will take viewers on a journey through Madonna’s daring persona Madame X , a secret agent traveling around the world, changing identities, fighting for freedom, and bringing light to dark places.

Filmed in Lisbon, Portugal, the 2 hour film will celebrate music from the seven-time Grammy Award winner’s fourteenth studio album of the same name, alongside previous hits and fan favourites in this celebration of exceptional artistry and performance.

Weren’t Showtime shows that premiered on Stan meant to stay exclusive to Stan? How is Who is America getting onto P+?

Stan hasn’t had that show for a while. I’m not sure how it works … here is the Showtime stuff Stan still has 40 Showtime titles and some aren’t new: