Sports Tonight

would be nice if this was the design for ten sport

2 Likes

This is what it looks like on WIN:

13 Likes

This Lauren person still has fox sports on her twitter bio. Who does she work for fox or ten?

Encore tomorrow on ONE at 9:15am (originally 9:00)

2 Likes

The Project’s Sydney set is just a series of staggered vertical screens behind the presenters now and a bigger one to the LHS of the set next to the audience used for wide sweeping shots.

Couldn’t they just switch to the circle varient just this one time, that is an eyesore :unamused:

15 Likes

Perhaps she just hasn’t updated it, she hasn’t posted any Fox Sports content in a few weeks.

Nevertheless as her sweet states she’s part of the Sports Tonight team so could be contributing to both.

Very quick and rough mock, I could imagine it as the news graphics, maybe the other talented mockers can produce something nice!

Time for some breaking news!

8 Likes

Is this live?

Yes.

1 Like

You never know, since Matt White is now Ten’s Head of Sport… :wink:

2 Likes

Play of the Day, might have to become week :wink:

and that’s the show! Final opinions?

1 Like

Only thing I can fault is that I would’ve thought they’d have had more of a tie in for Moto GP coverage on ONE tonight, it was mentioned but there were no graphics or mention at the end to switch over for the race or anything.

They could’ve thrown to the Melbourne studios within the first 15 mins of the show starting to Jack Perkins & Darryl Beattie to preview the race before they went live at 9:30 with pre race coverage and some quick analysis.

Otherwise great to have it back :+1:t3:

5 Likes

My God the set looks absolutely stunning.
The “TEN SPORTS TONIGHT” title card looks so damn good too and I would love to see a Ten News variant with that same design.

Didn’t get to watch the programme but judging by the posts on here, the presentation must’ve been amazing.

Did catch the end but, and I find it odd how Matt White mentioned its been 7 years since play of the day, yet Eyewitness News does this during the sports segment every day…

8 Likes

Wonder if this will mean the end of this segment of the news? Or at least a revised sports tonight play of the day segment?

1 Like

I watched it, and also thought how good the set is. Am glad that most here agree with that too.

I know i’ll be tuning into the show on a regular basis.

1 Like

They didn’t do one on the national news tonight, maybe they may just drop it on Sundays.

4 Likes

I’m still curious and intrigued by that title.

Most commercial network heads of sport are very inconspicuous and relatively unknown to public world.

Saul Shtein is now in his 15th year as Seven’s head of sport, don’t think I’ve ever seen him or heard him. So probably a very business professional, handling acquisitions, financal negotiations with CEO and board, acquiring producers, overseeing network talent and I’d imagine is Dave Barham (head of cricket) direct superior.

Tom Malone, Nine’s head of sport (relatively new to the position), I’d hazard a guess much the same. Only I have heard him in interviews / podcasts, seen his photo and the odd presser and seen him quoted lots.

So I would find it incredibly hard to believe Matt White, coming from a journalist and media presenter background, would suddenly be handling all that?

1 Like

More than a little inspiration from CBS

10 Likes

Quite a bold choice to go with the dark blue on plain white graphics and with no gradients, 3D elements and little transparency.

Makes some of Ten’s other sports graphics look dated.

4 Likes