Sports Tonight

Any word on this coming back yet?

My tip will be around the start of the football season

1 Like

It was confirmed during RPM today in a promo that Sports Tonight is part of 10 Sport’s lineup this year.

8 Likes

Finally. Glad it has been confirmed for 2019.

Just hope that it airs in a consistent timeslot this time around.

5 Likes

what else part of the lineup?

Not any real sports.

2 Likes

Such a shame really. I was fascinated to see what 10 could’ve come up with in terms of international cricket coverage until that deal was signed.

Sports Tonight returns Wednesday 20 March at 10:30pm

6 Likes

Wednesdays at 10.30pm? Odd slot for this show. But then again, Ten don’t have many new programs at 10.30 anyway.

So it will cover the upcoming games, plus talk about the games that were played over the weekend?

Matt White, Laurie Daley and Josh Gibson all to return?

What on earth is the point?

4 Likes

That’s very odd timeskit. Probably to lead into Thursday night football for both nrl and afl seasons. But it’s just odd randomly on a Wednesday. Ten all awash with what to do post 1030. Late news and sports tonight every night from their new set would be half decent.

3 Likes

That is a very strange slot.

Makes me think it’s getting made solely for a contractual obligation…

3 Likes

Just axe it already if they’re going to air this show in a weird timeslot such as this. There is no point or strategic plan in regards to why it’s on Wednesday night. Might as well forget it.

They should try it 10.30pm Sun-Thu and give it a red hot go, perhaps with local news leading into it :laughing::upside_down_face:

1 Like

wouldn’t it be to preview the AFL and NRL round of football. As that would be when the Footy Shows are likely to be on-air. As AFL starts on the Thursday same for Rugby League.

If they are going to give it a go I would rather see Wednesday-Sunday 10:30 than Sunday-Thursday. Sport is on over the weekends so people want to hear that news then rather than Monday and Tuesday.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it being just a Sunday & Monday show, as lots happen while we are sleeping Sunday night into Monday morning. For example, motoring events and US sports.

2 Likes

Yes. It makes sense.

Scott Mackinnon, Roz Kelly and Ant Sharwood are the new presenters.

4 Likes