Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

:thinking:

Nope

5 Likes

What are you trying to say?! :wink:

And yes, I know “more native HD vision” has been mentioned as an item on the 10 News First wishlist of yours truly numerous times before. But I personally think having top notch picture quality for as much of your content as possible is something that can enhance a news service just as a good set, graphics package or theme music can! :slight_smile:

Is that still going? Haven’t heard a word about it for ages

Sorry to be the party pooper in all of this relaunch speculation, but i’m not getting my hopes up. Look at how the Ten/10 Relaunch was hyped up before it was unveiled on the 31st October last year. We were let on as if it was going to be this huge revolutionary change on free-to-air TV, yet it was a huge disappointment. It didn’t live up to people’s hopes and expectations. Let’s see how this pans out…

5 Likes

Yep:

1 Like

I’m thinking a HUGE screen (ie 4m high by 10m wide…properly huge) and a new desk-less format for 5pm. Something super engaging, fluid and interactive with the presenters on their feet and moving around the space rather than being stuck behind a desk (during the week at least, I’d probably keep weekend news the same for now).

I await my “nope” from lexington with great anticipation (…or not???).

9 Likes

Perhaps this is the revolutionary phase of the network’s news rebrand?
Stage 1 - branding refresh
Stage 2 - new national newsroom

1 Like

If you were watching 10 yesterday and today, you would have seen the loops of Ten being “the home of big event sports”. During Supercars telecast.

I’ve noticed that a few new news sets in the US make extensive use of standing presentations with the news desk not very prominent and often largely transparent.

I keep thinking there is no way this can be all for “zero change” to the schedule. It has to mean more bulletins. Call me a broken record but I think there will be - to start with - a

• 6pm news

When it’s just Sydney, it makes 6pm news the least likely of any of the potential expansion options.

It would make sense to make a change to make it so there wasn’t the need for as many set changeovers for the different programs they produce there - so Morning News after Studio 10 - but there’s no need to do any of that when the program before 6pm news would be news.

I know. I thought about that. I still think a 6pm strategy would be rolled out across the network with the old sets in the other cities.

You have mentioned the 6PM news for 10 at least 150 times. Just because they have new owners doesn’t mean they are going to repeat old projects…

3 Likes

How do you know?

Just as you are sure in its certainty, I am sure in its uncertainty. Schrodinger’s newscast.

If it’s only taking a week to produce a new set, I presume plenty of prefab has been done in-house.

As I said then, all the plans for equipment upgrades that were halted due to administration, are back in the works…

I definitely think we’ll see the new atrium first with Studio 10 tomorrow… but I’m not 100% on that.

6 Likes

Thank you.

Do you know if there are any plans to re-introduce more bulletins? Or if they will do Federal Coverage?

At this stage I think that the priority is to spend the money on upgrading then bedding in the equipment.

5 Likes

Daniel Sutton voicing news updates today.

No mention of the special time for the news tonight at 5:30 in Queensland, assume the same for NSW/VIC viewers with the bulletin at 6?