Sports Tonight

There is a feature interview with surfing champion Stephanie Gilmore on tonight’s show.

1 Like

I see Mondays will be the new night for it. I just thought it was a one-off being on a Monday.

1 Like

Can’t wait to watch #SportsToniht on a Monday :laughing:

5 Likes

That’s pretty poor, the same work experience kid wrote the tweet “10:30 on TEN tonight” which should really be: 10:30 tonight on TEN.

10 Likes

A promo featuring Matt White explaining what will be featured on tonight’s show aired during HYBPA. Only problem is, the promo didn’t mention what time the show is airing…

6 Likes

They never have.

Do they even know? Start times seem to be a movable targets on commercial TV.

2 Likes

Is the show permanently on Mondays now?

It’s anybody’s guess.

1 Like

Sports tonight has been compacted to 30 minutes according to the guide tonight…

All the Monday episodes are 30 minutes.

The Sports Tonight brand was always a 7 days a week show. It’s never going to gain an audience airing on one random weeknight

5 Likes

Or at all.

1 Like

One hour episode next week to preview the Melbourne Cup?

lol from tvtonight:

At just ***** is there any point turning on the Sports Tonight studio lights?

1 Like

Yeah. Big waste of money.

As David mentioned, the need to try it on a different night when sports are actually on. Thursday or Friday nights would be better if they were going to stick to a once a week show. The quality of the show is actually pretty good, but the scheduling and lack of promotion has really hurt it IMO.

Scheduling is a problem.
Starting it on Sundays for a 45 minute show, to now Mondays as a 30 minute show, to then an extended show next week for the Melbourne Cup, to various start times doesn’t help with its viewers and ratings either.

Either air the show on thursdays after gogglebox to promote the upcoming games on the weekend. Or air it straight after HYBPA on Mondays and have it air for an hour (ala - like The Monday Dump with Roy & HG show a few years back) and have it just a recap suow for the weekend games.

3 Likes

I think for next week its still a 30 minute edition of Sports Tonight