Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

Both regional Hit and Triple M are flogging the bejesus out of Michael Jackson today. The regional Triple M’s are becoming a joke.

2 Likes

Are you referring to the Triple M Greatest Hits or Classic Hits network?

I assume he’s referring to the Greatest Hits network.

2 Likes

Still better than flogging Niall Horsn’s Slow hands which they seem to do regularly.

3 Likes

I still say regional triple M is a much better listen than the capital city ones. The regionals variety is much better than the same Rock Rock Rock songs over and over again.

3 Likes

That & that new Jessica Mauboy song.

2 Likes

The Gold Coast Greatest Hits (Feels Good) log mate. I just wish they would bring back the Greatest Hits from the 70’s to Now log.

2 Likes

Yes I agree

They had the “Greatest Hits” log a few years ago which was brilliant, non repetitive and would play hidden gems every now and again. I think it is pretty similar to the “70’s to now” log

The other issue I have is they are basically repeaters and don’t cater for their local markets. Newcastle is different to the GC which is different to Townsville.
I get that there’s Classic Hits and the 70’s to now but it’d be good for the music and the content to suit the local area.
Unfortunately content directors have their hands tied but what it could be seems very far off from where it presently is.

And drive shows delayed by an hour is pointless.

3 Likes

Yes…I agree. When they first brought out The Greatest Hits format (The start of 2010 or 11, I think?) was the best ever format that they had. They played a wide variety of music from the 60’s to Now. You would hear anything from Jim Hendrix to a new song by Mumford and Sons. It was awesome.

1 Like

It was actually the start of 2013 that the original “Greatest Hits” format was introduced to SCA’s “Localworks” stations. I remember back then that 2GO was a good alternative to the Sydney stations until about the end of 2015, when the “Greatest Hits from the 80s to Now” was introduced.

3 Likes

Was 2010-11 around the time that the Real Music Variety positioner was in use?

It was too.:blush: January 2013. They took that format after the “Greatest Hits” countdown. Before that they had the Widest Variety Of Music format.

Is the greatest years in music getting cut? Kennedy Malloy on the GC is running after the Rich Hour with Luke, Libby and Dobbo.

Be a waste of time presenting it from there if your own station doesn’t even take it.

7-9pm.

Did you hear Stephen Cenatiempo on KOFM last night test running the show in Newcastle only? It sounded excellent - uses the Triple M delay cart, Triple M whispers, Triple M Network liners/sweeps… I’m looking forward to it going across the network for the first time tonight.

1 Like

It is for the MMM regional network, so it’s unsurprising.

Steve knows how to do a good show, has done for many years, this is also unsurprising.

Put it on the metro stations instead of Aussie music and chasing younger audience before that.

1 Like

I did Mark sounded great.

1 Like

Do we have any update on this? Video posted on the Triple M Darling Downs facebook page appears to be in a different studio those at SCA’s office.

That would be good to see, particularly in markets where there’s no commercial FM competition nor a music-based AM station that are owned by Grant Broadcasters (eg. 4CC, Gold Central Victoria & River 1467).

Sea FM in Central Coast, Gold Coast & Bundaberg, as well as Hit in Newcastle, Canberra, Hobart, Bendigo, Dubbo, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville & Cairns, would retain its current CHR format, as those markets already have a commercial FM station that carries a Hot AC format. Whilst there’s no commercial FM competition in Canberra, sister station Mix 106.3 is pretty much a Hot AC station with its own music log tailored specifically to that market.

3 Likes

What is your point? From what format now in what markets to what do you propose?