Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

The Ray Hadley Country Countdown returns that same week. Some healthy competition. I’m guessing Lee Kernaghan’s show will be on The Range online station as well.

The last time I heard Triple M playing country music was 1988 and in Sydney. Mind you, I had taken a tab of LSD at the time.

2 Likes

It’s been 51 weeks ago tomorrow since the majority of the Triple M./ Hit stations were rebranded.

It was stated at that the time that the remaining stations would be rebranded in a year’s time.

Any word on whether the remaining stations eg. 4TO, 2GO, KO will still be rebranded next Friday?

3 Likes

They should have called it Triple C.
Regional radio is just awful now. There used to be some great stations once upon a time, but now I’m just thankful I don’t have to listen to regional radio.

5 Likes

While on the Mid North Coast on Thursday for a few hours I noticed that Hit and 2MC/Triple M Kempsey transmitters 105.1/106.7 were not on air. Port Macquarie 100.7 & 102.3 were OK.

1 Like

KOFM and 2GO now have the “feels good” sweepers that Gold 92.5 uses. Not sure about 4TO. No change on the music front which imo needs a huge overhaul.

3 Likes

Triple M Limestone Coast also recently started using the “feels good” sweepers.

Same with Triple M Goulburn Valley. As well I have notice they are back on that dreadful Gold Coast music log again.

1 Like

Yes, I have noticed that by looking at the playlists of regional Triple M stations that normally carry the “70s to Now” log on RadioApp. The “Classic Hits” stations, on the other hand, continue with their own log.

1 Like

Don’t rebrand 4TO, this call sign IS Townsville and always will be,has been for as long as I can remember.I’m going back to the mid 70s when I moved there with my family to live,was a great station back then.The current breakfast host,Steve ‘Pricey’ Price has been on air at this station for about 25 years and I know he has a huge fan base,I know from previous visits up there.

6 Likes

Whether they do or not is a different story at this stage, I think with these major regional centres they are keeping them as is for now. There’s been no rumour or suggestion that they will so I think you are safe for now.

SCA has announced Sydney-based Jimmy Smith and Nathan Roye as the new faces of breakfast for Hobart’s 100.9 FM, replacing Paul Hogan who is joining 96FM Perth next year. Jimmy and Nath will start on January 29.

Formerly Late Nights/Weekends on Nova?

3 Likes

2GO’s transmitter has developed a major fault overnight (it was fine last night).

It is sounding very gargled or distorted and is pretty much unlistenable right now.

1 Like

It’s been on and off like that for a couple of days now, although not as bad as what this sounds like.

Most likely their STL (the Henry Parry Drive stations are notorious for having STL issues down in that ditch!)

1 Like

Yes, it seems fine again now!

Though SEA FM has been okay.

The STL has been updated a number of times in the past 10 years, it’s a direct LOS to Kariong, then it doglegs & is LOS re-transmitted to the Somersby TX sites from there.

It could be STL issues, but I certainly wouldn’t say it is 100%, & wouldn’t rule out something else, because as Radiohead says, SEAFM was OK & they have the same STL path.

Just for interest, Rhema CC also use the same Kariong dogleg site for their STL from Erina to Kariong, then to the SEAFM site at Somersby.

I haven’t actually heard what it’s like, so can’t say it’s likely this, or something else?

1 Like

Nick, Jess and Simon coming soon to Hit 106.9 Newcastle. Jess is coming to Newcastle from Hit 96.9 Goulburn Valley.

Sophie Tiller’s contract was not renewed, thanked for her service. A ‘it’s not you, but us’ hiring decision?

Not much for either station to hang their hats on if they didn’t have the KO b’fast talent.