Songs lost to radio

I am glad, I am not the only one who likes this song. Lol

3 Likes

18/10/2023
102.9 Hot Tomato

8:04pm: “Do You Love Me” by Mademoiselle

Apparently, this song was huge in the summer of 2001/02. When I heard this song out of the blue in June 2021, I tried searching for it on iTunes and Spotify for little success.

1 Like

It’s a shame that there’s a lot of great music that recent (early 00s) that still isn’t on iTunes or Spotify, even though iTunes became available in Australia in 2005.

Brooke McClymont’s “I Can’t Wait” is another great tune from that era that isn’t on iTunes either.

3 Likes

In 2020 I heard soulDecision’s “Faded” (another big hit in Australia in the summer of 2000-01) on SWR 999 twice and I also had little success finding it on iTunes.

2 Likes

Heard The Lord’s Prayer by Sister Janet Mead in passing on 4CRB this morning. One of the first ‘Christian rock’ songs.

Charted number 3 in Australia and then was released in US where it went to number 4.

According to Wikipedia " it is the only Top 10 hit with words attributed to Jesus Christ." as the entire lyrical content originated from the words of the Bible.

2 Likes

Stop Your Fussin’- Toni Childs

Another one of those songs that got regular airplay in the 90s, but is seldom heard now for whatever reason. It’s not too long to play either (unlike ‘I’ve Got To Go Now’, though that was also played regularly BITD).

5 Likes

Played at 6:30pm tonight on the Nova Network: “All Seats Taken” by Bec Cartwright.

Many people may forget that Bec Cartwright (who later became Lleyton Hewitt’s wife) had a brief singing career; there is one other song I remembers of hers titled “A Matter of Time” (released in 2003).

This came at a time when some actresses embarked on singing careers, most notably Holly Valance and Delta Goodrem.

2 Likes

I only remember this one… don’t remember the others you stated.

3 Likes

[quote=“Avatar5991, post:700, topic:1103”]
This came at a time when some actresses embarked on singing careers, most notably Holly Valance and Delta Goodrem.
It wasn’t uncommon for the Neighbours actresses to embark on singing careers or at least attemp one after the success Kylie got in the late-80s though no one really came close to replicating her success or longevity. Never really happened with H&A actresses though I do remember “All Seats Taken” being a fairly big hit back in 2003.

2 Likes

Melissa Tkautz was another notable actress turned singer, though she was on “E Street” rather than the more popular Neighbours or Home & Away.

“Sexy Is The Word” and “Read My Lips” were her two biggest hits in 1992.

3 Likes

Another one that just came to my mind is Stephanie McIntosh (who once dated AFL star Nick Riewoldt). She released only one album to my knowledge, titled “Tightrope”, in 2006. It spawned two hits, the song with the same name as the album and “Mistake”.

Another Actress who embarked on a brief singing career was Tammin Sursok from Home and Away. She released a album around 2005 ish

2 Likes

I have that album and actually quite like it.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten :smiley:

Played on ‘Requestival’ a couple of years ago, too:

4 Likes

Was this used by Martin & Molloy in the 90’s?

1 Like

Yes it was.

2 Likes

Shoop Shoop Diddy Wop Cumma Cumma Wang Dang - Monte Video and The Cassettes
Strong Love - Ross and Pat Wilson
Where Is The Love - Rick Price and Margaret Urlich
South Pacific - The Dugites
Tragedy - Steps
(I Love It When You) Call Me Names - Joan Armatrading
When I’m With You - Sparks
Party Fears Two - The Associates
Love And Affection - The Alnighters
Put Yourself In My Place- Kylie Minogue
U Sexy Thing - Tshirt
There Ain’t No Age For Rock and Roll - The Veterans
Nightline - Randy Crawford
Chanson d’Amour - Manhatten Transfer

3 Likes

Shoop Shoop and When I’m With You do get heard on the “Forever Classic” regional log but haven’t heard any of the others for a long time.

4 Likes

‘Strong Love’ also gets an occasional airing on Forever Classic- in fact the only station I’ve heard it on. Same with the Kylie Minogue song, in fact that’s one of her best.

‘Call Me Names’ isn’t in that category for mine (I hear it occasionally) but it’s definitely not flogged like ‘Drop The Pilot’. I agree with all the others on the list.

2 Likes

Actually being played now on Coles radio :laughing:

2 Likes