Songs lost to radio

It sounds very lost to me!

I’d like to see that one get played on Hope 103.2 :grin:

3 Likes

Very likely not - most of the modern music Hope 103.2 plays isn’t really that topical.

You’d be more likely to hear “I’m Good (Blue)” by David Guetta/Bebe Rexha (the clean version of course) on that station than that song by Mousse T!

And given smoothfm has started to play some more edgier/upbeat songs in recent times (such as “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by the Backstreet Boys and “Bye Bye Bye” by NSYNC to name a few) I wouldn’t be surprised if they start playing “Work from Home” by Fifth Harmony (without the rap) on that station anytime soon.

3 Likes

Yeah I know, I was trying to be sarcastic (obviously that didn’t work out very well!).

3 Likes

I’d pay to see that happen. Hope playing all the naughty songs. :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh well, if we can’t pay, we can pray… :rofl:

2 Likes

If they ever get forced off the air, the final song should be Nine Inch Nails’s Closer. That’s the way to go off the air.

2 Likes

I’d go for … The Angels - “Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again” (the rude version).

1 Like

Fair point, but I think if you’re going to go off the air, I think you need to burn every bridge and advocate for beastiality.

2 Likes

Back on topic now. Tonight around 10:40pm on Snow/Eagle FM I heard “Me, Myself & I” by G-Eazy and Bebe Rexha. Peaked at #19 on the ARIA Charts in the early part of 2016.

4 Likes

Just before 9:50pm this evening I heard “Dirty Talk” by Wynter Gordon on Smallzy’s Surgery. If I remember correctly, this rather cheesy song charted reasonably well in Australia…

3 Likes

It did…at #1. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The ultimate one-hit wonder of the 2010s IMO

2 Likes

There’s also “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon.

This one popped up on my phone whilst on shuffle the other day and I surprisingly really enjoyed hearing it again…

Barbie Girl - Aqua

It made me think it hasn’t really resurfaced on radio lately (not that I’ve heard anyway) in light of the ‘Barbie’ movie. I know there is a version of this song on that movie’s soundtrack with Nicki Minaj but it’s nothing like the Aqua original.

5 Likes

It’s one of those songs that many people hate to admit they actually like it I reckon.

5 Likes

I am happy to admit I like it (at least here!).

Not sure if I would say the same thing to my mates at the pub etc (at least not when sober!).

4 Likes

I still cringe when I hear ‘Barbie Girl’, though I am partial to ‘Dr. Jones’ and even ‘Lollipop’. Those two are truly lost to time.

The Aqua knock-offs are even worse, try this one:

3 Likes

I like Dr Jones too, and particularly ‘Turn Back Time’… a proper 90s pop tune.

4 Likes

I like it :+1:

4 Likes

They played Dr. Jones on Coles Radio somewhat recently, But sadly most of that album is pretty much forgotten because of the one big glaring hit.

2 Likes