Songs lost to radio

The Other Woman by RPJ gets overlooked too.

1 Like

Reminded of this Aussie classic by my dad a few days ago. While I do recall the artistā€™s later stuff from 2009-2011, this isnā€™t playded anymore despite gaining Top 10 statusā€¦

2 Likes

Probably my favourite of hers from that era.

Though I think her 2009 hit ā€œThis Is Who I Amā€ was her best work. It has a bit of an 80s feel about it to my ears.

1 Like

And of course these days she has completely disappeared off the face of this earth.

Feels like heaven by Fiction Factory on SWR

3 Likes

Do they ever play Urban Cookie Collective?

1 Like

Not sure i will keep my eye out. Or i should say ear. My guess is yes they would into the format.

Annie Lennox ,ā€œWalking on Broken Glassā€ from about 92-93

5 Likes

Great song. Probably the last time Iā€™ve heard it on FM was on The Breeze

2 Likes

I 've always hated MJā€™s musicā€¦ but I guess this is one of the few I toleratedā€¦

In other wordsā€¦ I wouldnā€™t turn the radio off if it came onā€¦

I guess I donā€™t have to worry about that anymoreā€¦

Songs lost to radio:

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure SCA radio stations are still playing MJ music.

1 Like

Are still playing him?

Or just havenā€™t ā€˜bannedā€™ him?

I doubt theyā€™re ā€˜still playing himā€™ā€¦

Well Old Skool Hits radio just played The Way You Make Me Feel only 20 minutes ago.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re still playing him. Heard him on Easy Hits yesterday.

4 Likes

Meantime your more progressive cousins across the Tasman have banned him completely.

Catch up SCA.

I hadnā€™t realised Jackson had been charged, let alone convicted of anything.

Not saying heā€™s innocent but one has to follow the rule of law. Innocent until proven guilty.

2 Likes

Progressive, or populist?

Yeahā€¦ I am sorry for those kids now adults had their lives really badly affected (as appears in the doco) ā€¦

Some observations ,

The lawyers in the documentation were really harsh (doing their job for Michael) . Not understanding the laws in the US, whether there could of been a more confidential way to report such crimes without risk of being ā€œsuedā€ for defamation.

Putting those children in the court booth to declare evidence against Michael Jackson would be extremely confronting.

Wonder if they could of had a restraining order (or similar) against Michael to have no children alone in his room, even just for friendship (might be too hard to enforce) . My view , the system or laws should have better mechanism to prevent even if the children denied anything happened.

Anyway all easy in hindsight and I think I am oversimplifying a complex situation. I do agree with Brianc68 , Michael should be able to defend himself in court.

Back on topic, I am sure there are artists out there who committed bad crimes and they still get played on radio. I like to separate the music from the individual. So radio should play it in my view. But the artist should face gaol time if guilty (stating the obvious).

3 Likes

The new McDonalds ad reminded me to post this hereā€¦

1 Like

If that song has become lost to Australian radio, itā€™s probably because of Meatloafā€™s infamous performance at the 2011 AFL Grand Final! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes